September 4th, “Force Friday”
September 4th, “Force Friday”, is the date when the initial waves of The Force Awakens products from Hasbro are scheduled to hit retail, including at some midnight events. New Zealand retailers will be participating in this international event…because of our timezone, we’ll be among the first to see the new Episode 7 products! Here are the details we have so far:
- NZ will have the same Force Friday as in other markets.
- Hasbro are anticipating it to “be huge!”
- The product will be on shelf in all toy retailers from 4th Sept.
- There are (at least) two retailers that are having midnight openings in selected stores, selling product at 12.01am…formal announcements will be coming soon.
- Not all the product will be available immediately. Some lines and also some characters within assortments are being progressively released over the coming months leading up movie launch in Dec.
- Quote from Hasbro: “…the line I’ve seen is fabulous. Some of the character art on the packaging is particularly stunning and is going to thrill your members.”
You can read more details as they emerge, and join in the discussion on the SWNZ Message Boards.