The Phantom Menace in 3D

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Phantom Menace in 3D

Post by Buzz Bumble »

The recent Star Wars cinema and DVD releases have been "worldwide", so I was assuming the 3D-erised versions will be the same, but that could well not happen.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Archon Revuge wrote:
Reverend Strone wrote:Any word yet about what date Ep 1 will debut down here?
I'm hoping the fact that a lot of blockbusters are released here on the same day as the US means we'll be seeing it on the 10th February. I haven't seen any confirmation of this though.
Right. Here's hoping. The street date for the TPM toy range Statesides is January 30th as well. I will be curious to see if that holds true for us too.
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

For those with prescription glasses who have problems wearing cinema 3D glasses, there is apparently a product sold on the Internet which are basically lenses to clip-onto your own glasses (the article didn't give any links though). Such a system would only work for 3D cinema, and 3D TV, that does not use electronics to flicker the glasses.

There is also a product developed by some students at Auckland's Westlake Boys' High School. This isn't yet for sale because they've run into possible "intellectual property issues" with the above Internet product, but they're planning on dealing with the local cinema chains next year. You can read about this product by searching for "I3Dee" on Facebook.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

A friend saw the 3D trailer at a screening of TinTin 3D a few days ago! Any other reports? Another mate who saw TinTin 2D reported that it didn't screen in that so that makes good sense.

Also, NZ screening date is being advertised as Feb 9. Which would give us the world premier by a couple days wouldn't it?(with us already being ahead of the rest of the world even if it was Feb10)

Any news of a special advanced screening anywhere?

This is going to be awesome!! imo :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...Any news of a special advanced screening anywhere?...
Nothing confirmed that I've heard. We're just planning to get to it on the opening day.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

So, who is actually intending to see a midnight screening of this (assuming the cinemas do that)?

I've got a few Auckland-based SWNZ members interested in getting together at the same theatre (exact location TBD) to see a midnight screening...if you are interested in joining in, shoot me a message.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Reckon I'll take my daughter along to a mid-day screening, but I hope you guys have an awesome time. It's such fun going to stuff like this as a group and making an occasion of it. :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Reverend Strone wrote: I hope you guys have an awesome time. It's such fun going to stuff like this as a group and making an occasion of it. :)
It would be great to go to a special screening dressed up for a troop event, will anyone be doing this in Wellington?
:)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

badges2nz wrote:It would be great to go to a special screening dressed up for a troop event, will anyone be doing this in Wellington?
:)
Shoot a message to Tarragon; I think he's in the loop for promotional events in Wellington.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

I don't have a costume, but if there's going to be a Wellington event happening, I'd be keen to get in and get involved (timing dependent), assuming there's anyone else planning on doing so with a spare outfit that I might fit?