Auckland Armageddon (28-31 October)

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Auckland Armageddon (28-31 October)

Post by reelcollectibles »

Nice to catch up with a few of you over the weekend!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Phew, all over until the next time.

Lots of fun. I've got tons of photos to still sort through, but just quickly, here are a few from today.

Image Image Image Image
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HanSagan »

For some reason, that shot with the Dalek amuses me greatly....just checking out the magazine :)
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Craigorski
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Craigorski »

Sweet pics. hopefully someone who did took the jedi/sith pics put them on fb or somewhere (maybe wayne got a couple.. heres hoping)
great time meeting new peeps.. even the sith and merc :rotfl:
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Fantastic pictures gang. The costumes are spectacular. MDB, your Shae Vizsla is superb! Wish I could have made it along this year.
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

HanSagan wrote:For some reason, that shot with the Dalek amuses me greatly....just checking out the magazine :)
FYI - I got Matt to take that shot as it's for one of our local rags down here that gives away a free pizza voucher each week for the coolest shot of someone reading their paper. I'll let you know if it wins! (and seeing as Daleks don't eat pizza, I'll have to take care of that part for him)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you Daniel :) Probably the mst fun costume as well with the helmet on. makes it easier to at least look in character and I can randomly pull faces and have no one notice.... ;)

What a weekend. Totally shattered. Both good and bad.

I do not give out contact information of contestants but if anyone emails through armageddon.cosplay@gmail.com I can pass on your contact information to the contestants. Best to do so through the gmail account for keeping future records :)

Also the standard of the contest as a whole grows every year. The winners costumes in particular were an amazing feat in structure, decoration and a wide range of techniques all well done (vacforming, corsetry, gradient dyeing, light up gem casting and wiring..) and there were more great costumes/performances than awards.

Great to be able to actually meet people this year! Even if it was mainly as a bit of a rush through :) And I wish the three Old Republic costumes were in one place at one time. Sigh.

Though I had seen Kristy's Jedi Librarian Twi'lek in Melbourne I was really glad to see her again in Auckland :) So very elegant :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Sigh...sore feet and extremely tired, but really enjoyed the past few convention days. Back to work today :(

Let me try and re-capture a bit of it with a few more photos.

Here are a selection from the Cosplay Masterclass presentation on the stage, run by and including a couple of SWNZ members (MDB and O.Goota, respectively). I think Jon's TK pulls were of particular interest to our forum populace, during and after the presentation proper.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

mdb wrote:...Also the standard of the contest as a whole grows every year. The winners costumes in particular were an amazing feat in structure, decoration and a wide range of techniques all well done (vacforming, corsetry, gradient dyeing, light up gem casting and wiring..) and there were more great costumes/performances than awards...
I heartily concur - the final line-up particularly demonstrates the consistent quality of contestants.

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Wow, that standard really is super high this year isn't it? And what diversity! Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures.