Giveaway: SWNZ Forum Comic Con Posters!

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Giveaway: SWNZ Forum Comic Con Posters!

Post by Reverend Strone »

It's time for a giveaway!

While at San Diego Comic Con in July I picked up two exclusive posters that were being given out by Hasbro and Lego. It's taken a little while for me to get around to it, but I wanted to give these away to some lucky fellow Kiwi fan, so here's how it's gonna work...

To enter, just post in this thread and tell us what you thought the most exciting or interesting Star Wars related news or product showcase was, coming out of San Diego Comic Con this year. Each person to make a post will be entered automatically (one account, one entry, so post as much as you like but your name will be counted just once) and we'll randomly draw a winner on Wednesday September 21st. I'll PM the winner and arrange to get the poster tube sent out to you free of charge.

So what's up for grabs? Two posters!

Hasbro's 2011 Get Revenge poster, featuring on the front, an action figure stand-in version of the epic duel poster between Vader and Luke, with the complete 2011 Vintage Collection line-up of figures on the reverse.

Lego's 2011 Star Wars Comic Con poster, featuring an eclectic mix of Lego Star Wars mini figure characters from across the saga.

So get posting SWNZians! Let's hear what you thought. :)

Both posters were brought home with me in my luggage, so they're in good but not necessarily mint condition. There are a few creases and edge marks and the Lego poster was handed out pre-folded, so it has strong crease marks I'm afraid. They're still cool though, and did I mention free?
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Giveaway: SWNZ Forum Comic Con Posters!

Post by Bazzack »

Nice one Rev! :)

my 2cents:

Being that I'm mostly focussed on the Hasbro Vintage collection figures at the moment, and within TVC mostly OT.
I'd say if I had to name one product preview at SDCC that excited me the most, it would have to be the upcoming Deleted scene wave slated for early 2012.
2012 W1.5 Deleted Scenes.jpg
The thing that excited me the least would have to be the 2 mini carded figures in the Exclusive Death Star set. Only because as an OT VTC carded collector I really really really want these...........but know that they'll never make the stores, and just can't really see myself paying whatever the scalpers are asking. I'm trying to get over it and pretend they don't exist :(
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...
Being that I'm mostly focussed on the Hasbro Vintage collection figures at the moment, and within TVC mostly OT...
I'm totally aligned with this approach, but my votes for cool SDCC announcements are a tie between the vintage Landspeeder and Tauntaun toys and packaging, and the new vintage cardback rear design.
Attachments
Slide36.JPG
Slide28.JPG
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote:...........and the new vintage cardback rear design.
Yes indeedy!! :victory:
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Great competition Strone :)

I've always been a fan of OT starfighters, so the highlights for me were the Vintage B-Wing and Y-Wing fighters:
Vintage B-Wing Fighter.JPG
Vintage Y-Wing Fighter.JPG
When I first started collecting there seemed to be a huge focus on the vehicles of Star Wars, but that seems to have changed in recent years. First we lost the Micro Machines line, then Action Fleet, and finally the Titanium Series. It's great to see these iconic vehicles making a comeback in 3 3/4" scale :)
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

agree with matt the new taun taun is right up there

also the imperial navy cammando from the unleashed pack look awesome
Attachments
slide31.jpg
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Sweet! Great answers guys. :)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

My favourite SW item previewed/announced at SDCC was the Gentle Giant animated Leia as Boushh maquette :)

Image Image

I also quite like the Star Wars leather jackets that were debuted there, but I don't know if they'll do women's sizes...
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

steved
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by steved »

Thanks for bringing the posters back Rev - and sharing.

I'm LOVING the vintage collection. It's renewed my star wars collecting. Those classic cards and vehicle
Boxes bring me back to when I was 4 yrs old looking up at the toy shop shelves. Making a mental wish list of what I wanted.

So. No doubt. My faves from the SDCC were the vintage packaging tauntaun and land speeder and the vintage revenge figures in the death star packaging. Salacious crumb and mouse droids on mini cards! Classic!
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I'm looking forward to getting one (or 2) of these :D
boba-fett-pack600_1.jpg
boba-fett-figure600_1.jpg
So far the offer is for US and Canada only but I'm sure it'll come to NZ soon

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/di ... -offer.cfm