Celebration VI

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Celebration VI

Post by Bazzack »

Warwick Davis now added to guest list :)

37 days and counting.......
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Shush! I just added another toon to my SWTOR line up and she is Sith and now I want to add another costume to my stupid long list. And still haven't finished Shae!

But I have tickets to the three Bashes :) So phew! And photoshoot times with Bryan Humphries XD I feel a tad ill thinking about everything to do.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The schedule confirmation has just come through...I'll be doing a presentation in the Collecting Track, on the topic of International (NZ) Collecting, Saturday 7pm. I really enjoy hearing about the country-specific/exclusive merchandise, so am really happy to be able to participate and represent the NZ perspective.

SWNZ has also been reviewed and accredited by LFL as a media organisation, so I'll be wearing a couple of hats while also attending as a fan.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Excellent Matt! On both accounts!! :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Woot! I shall wear my SWNZ tee with (even more) pride XD
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Steve Sansweet has a 600 sq foot space to display a portion of his Rancho Obi-Wan collection at CV1.
Awesome!!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here's a web version of the schedule (also available as mobile apps): http://swc2012.crowdcompass.com/activities
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

MattG wrote:The schedule confirmation has just come through...I'll be doing a presentation in the Collecting Track, on the topic of International (NZ) Collecting, Saturday 7pm. I really enjoy hearing about the country-specific/exclusive merchandise, so am really happy to be able to participate and represent the NZ perspective.

SWNZ has also been reviewed and accredited by LFL as a media organisation, so I'll be wearing a couple of hats while also attending as a fan.
Cool Matt. Best of luck with the presentation!
mdb wrote:Shush! I just added another toon to my SWTOR line up and she is Sith and now I want to add another costume to my stupid long list. And still haven't finished Shae!

But I have tickets to the three Bashes :) So phew! And photoshoot times with Bryan Humphries XD I feel a tad ill thinking about everything to do.
It will all be worth it. You'll have a wonderful time Michaela, and with your costumes i have no doubt you'll impress. :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thanks Dan :) Terrifying and exciting all at once :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

FYI for droid collectors going to Orlando, Disney has stated that there will be no Droid Factory at CVI. If you want to partake in this fun activity and build yourself some custom droids you'd better plan a trip to DisneyWorld while you're in Orlando. This news comes to us thanks to the Disney Parks Blog. Well down amid the various comments made regarding their CVI merch announcements was one astute query that asked:
The CVI stuff is all very exciting, and it’s great to see that the Carbon-Freeze Me experience coming to Celebration. But what about the Droid Factory? Will there be any version of Tatooine Trader’s new Droid Factory at CVI? Will there be a way to build/buy droids from the new Droid Factory at the Orlando Convention Center at Celebration CVI? Or will there be any type of event similar to CV’s “Last Tour To Endor” where CVI attendees will get a crack the Droid Factory and the new Star Tours?
Disney Parks blogger and Merchandise Communications Manager Steven Miller answered:
@Simon – Glad to read your comment about Carbon-Freeze Me. The Droid Factory won’t be at Celebration VI yet it will be available at Tatooine Traders in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. From my understanding, some of the new novelty hats recently arrived at the experience.

I know that there will be a special after 4:00 p.m. convention ticket for event guests to purchase if they are looking to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios that evening. You can find out details by visiting the Disney Parks merchandise booths at the event.

There are no other hard-ticket type events planned this year like the “Last Tour To Endor” that was held in 2010.
So there you have it - confirmation, finally, even if it's not the answer many of us might want. If you want to build a set of droids and plan to do so while in town for CVI, you'll have to take your chances at Tatooine Traders.

To be honest, unless they had devised a way of selling pre-assembled sets that allowed collectors to walk up, slap down cash and walk away, I think it could have been a huge pain in the a$$ to have this at CVI anyways, where so many fans are hard core collectors who will be wanting to build sets of 25 droids so they have one of each part. On average that process seems to be taking people between 1 and 2 hours at the building station. Imagine that, times several hundred collectors, at CVI! :shock:

As it is, that may still be the situation, only now it'll be at Tatooine Traders in the park instead of at the convention, so my advice would be to get there early - as in, days early if you have the option, or skip it altogether. The limit of 24 droids per customer (just 1 shy of a full set) and the 'build two and go to the back of the line' policy they have had in past weeks could well conspire to make this a very painful experience. I sure hope folks find it to be otherwise.

Good luck friends!