What would you save from your collection??

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

What would you save from your collection??

Post by AaronDB94 »

Now I know it's a bad thing to think about but with all the natural disasters that seem to be cropping up all over the place at the moment if the worst did happen...and god knows I hope it never does...what would be the one piece of your collection you would grab on your way out of the house after your partner, children, and pets of coarse :) For me it would have to be my original 1977/78 figure collection because they were the first and in my opinion the best in a long line of SW collectibles. I have wanted those 11 figures for so long that I just couldn't lose them now....yes I know there's 12 but I haven't got the Tusken Raider :cry: but some day he'll turn up haha
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: What would you save from your collection??

Post by Bazzack »

I'd try and get my lifesize R2 out.......but he's not exactly something I could throw in a pocket or a bag.

I'd probably just have to grab his head. :blink:
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hmm, tough call. My favourite piece is my Stormy helmet, but I think sentimentality would kick in and I'd want to save the very first Star Wars item I ever purchased - an Action Fleet TIE Fighter.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

And you guys have the cheek to call yourselves fans and collectors. The real answer to this question is "nothing", because just like the captain of a ship, you'd willingly go down with your collection. ;)
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Buzz Bumble wrote:And you guys have the cheek to call yourselves fans and collectors. The real answer to this question is "nothing", because just like the captain of a ship, you'd willingly go down with your collection. ;)
I'd have to leave the collection behind because all that would be running through my mind would be....'Aaron what are you doing, what if they make Episode VII, VIII, and IX'...I just couldn't take that risk haha :lol:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Don't worry about that ... there is no "Episode VII, VIII, and IX" to be made. The Saga ends with only six movies, not the original guessed nine or rumoured 12. So you can "happily" stay sitting inside your house as it gets destroyed by fire, flood, earthquake, etc. ;)

There will of course be more Star Wars made (for example the still planned live-action show, more seasons of the animated Clone Wars show, the 3D-erised releases of the six Saga movies, etc., maybe even more spin off movies).
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Don't worry about that ... there is no "Episode VII, VIII, and IX" to be made. The Saga ends with only six movies, not the original guessed nine or rumoured 12. So you can "happily" stay sitting inside your house as it gets destroyed by fire, flood, earthquake, etc. ;)

There will of course be more Star Wars made (for example the still planned live-action show, more seasons of the animated Clone Wars show, the 3D-erised releases of the six Saga movies, etc., maybe even more spin off movies).
Seeing how large the expanded universe has gotten I don't know how they would make any further episodes that would keep the masses happy....just like everything else now-a-days for the 1 person who likes it theres 5 people waiting to tell the world how bad it was (Episode 1 for example).

I think you should rate something on it's own merit and not try to compare it with something earlier....I enjoyed E1 and theres nothing anyone can say that will change my mind haha and as for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX I think some fans are clinging to the interview Mark Hamill recored years ago when he said that he had been told there were going to be at least 9 Episodes....mind you because of the internet I think that story is a bit like Big Foot...believe it if you like but no one has ever come up with any proof haha
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Some fans can cling to the myth as long as they like, but there are no more Episodes in the Saga to be made. The Saga is the story of Anakin Skywalker from his near-birth discovery on Tatooine in Episode I to his death and redemption in Episode VI. The "Prequel Trilogy" follows Anakin's rise and fall, while the "Original Trilogy" follows Luke going through the same footsteps as his father, but making turning in the opposite direction.

Geroge Lucas originally said he had a story idea that could cover nine movies / a "trilogy of trilogies", or even 12 movies. The problem iis that that original vague storyline has been altered and changed over the years as the scripts were written. The now-mythological "third trilogy" no longer exists and is unnneeded - the main ideas from it were squashed and altered into Episodes V and VI. (The vague idea was for Luke to go to the other side of the universe to find his sister, who wasn't Leia, and for them both to defeat the Emperor together). So there are NO more episodes to be made - never will be.

Any future cinema movies will only be spin-offs, like the Ewoks movies and the Clone Wars movie), not more episodes of the Saga. Geroge Lucas has already stated this and tied up the future of the Star Wars franchise pretty tightly. It would be a long time after his death before anyone can stupidly add more to the Saga or "remake" the original movies ... and thankfully, based on all the horrible "remakes" / "updates" coming out of Hollyweird these days, most of us original fans will be long gone by then too.
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

I better be long gone before anyone attempts to remake the original trilogy!!

The Clone Wars is a good way to expand on the Anakin, Obi Wan storyline and also to introduce other characters. But in saying that I would really like to see the direction George Lucas would take any additional episodes.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Buzz Bumble wrote:And you guys have the cheek to call yourselves fans and collectors. The real answer to this question is "nothing", because just like the captain of a ship, you'd willingly go down with your collection. ;)
Haha, fair call Buzz.