Galactic Map

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Galactic Map

Post by Buzz Bumble »

There's a nice Galactic Map on the Entertainment Weekly website. :)

Another map to add to my collection of galactic maps. It's certainly becoming complicated with all the extra planets being added in the Expanded Universe.

I've already got a large scan of another good map from the Star Wars Insider magazine and a printed one in my Star Wars Fact Files collection.

I've also got a nice Flash-based Interactive Galactic Map which allows you to zoom in on the various sectors and some of the planets (although the information it gives is very limted). It's really well done and I wish I could find an newer updated version, if there is one. It would be something that would be great to have on devices like the iPad and iPhone. Someone making an Interactive map / encyclopedia would probably make quite a bit of money, if it was sensibly priced - you could do ones for various franchises: Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Lord of the Rings, etc. ... {quickly goes off to trademark, copyright and patent the ideas} ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Galactic Map

Post by MattG »

That's pretty cool - I like that sort of reference material.