Quake in Christchurch - everyone okay?

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Re: Quake in Christchurch - everyone okay?

Post by mdb »

I know this is reviving an old thread but... I hope everyone in the region is okay. Two in one day within 90minutes of each other.
denodan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by denodan »

I am fine down here, just added all the Ulitmate light sabers to my collection, and got Luke's Force FX removable light saber. getting aftershocks every 15 or so mins, but hey Earthquakes are part of CHCH, you just got to get on with your life, don't worry me, don't find them scarry, but a fact of life and out of our control, why be scared, our homes are still standing, we are safe, not worried about them to much, just annoying thats all.

Takes much more then an Earthquake to scare me. I just accept them as a way of life in CHCH, but mind you, don't really live in a part of CHCH that was badly effected, got of lightly where I am.

My heart goes out to those badly effect here, CHCH is a divided city, some parts look untouched and some look like they have been is a war zone. It is surprising to see how bad some areas look bad while others look ok.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

mdb wrote:I know this is reviving an old thread but... I hope everyone in the region is okay. Two in one day within 90minutes of each other.
Ah, particularly cruel timing. Thoughts and best wishes to those in the region. Stay strong!