It's going to be a long haul. Over on the SWNZ website, we put together a list of ideas to help pass any extra time you have on hand, or if you've got kids that need keeping busy.
Here are some specific ideas and resources to pass the time while we are in Level-4 lockdown:
- Re-organise a Star Wars display – take the time to dust your figures or statues (and share photos).
- Practise your action figure photography (and share photos) .
- Read an old Star Wars novel from your bookshelf (try revisiting old Legacy stories for variety).
- Check out your local council library website for Star Wars eBooks or digital versions of graphic novels (most/many libraries are closed at the moment, but still allow checking out of digital copies).
- Sign up to the Disney+ streaming service for a free 7 day trial. Watch your way through Star Wars movies, the first season of The Mandalorian, or binge-watch multiple seasons of The Clone Wars (official listing of The Clone Wars episodes in chronological order).
- Break out a Star Wars boardgame with the family or flatmates.
- Try your hand at a Star Wars craft project. If you’ve got kids, get them involved (the official Star Wars website has a section dedicated to do-it-yourself Star Wars projects).
- Get stuck into the Star Wars kitset model that’s been sitting in storage for far too long. Whip up an action figure diorama or display. Or try your hand at a custom paint job on something like one of the Star Wars garden statues if you’ve got one left over from the summer sales at Bunnings.
- Download a new Star Wars video game or mobile app game – good examples that don’t cost to try out include Star War: The Old Republic on your PC (if you use this referral link you will get a bunch of bonus “get started” bundle), and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (iOS App Store, Google Play). You can also try older MSDOS Star Wars games via a browser emulator at the Internet Archive.