'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: 'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

Post by fredstar »

The Rebels Recon are all available via Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlg0WiFWDS

And I watched the Season 1 Recap. Nothing much new.

I suppose the other stuff could be cool but I won't loose sleep if I don't get to see them ;)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Tweet from Lucasfilm publicist Tracy Cannobbio confirms UK will get the blu-ray set - hopefully that means Aus/NZ too?

blu_ray_tweet.jpg
blu_ray_tweet.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

A recent Tweet from Lucasfilm publicist Tracy Cannobbio confirms Australia will get the blu-ray set - hopefully that means NZ too :)

https://twitter.com/Tcann13/status/624718741960437761
twitter_bluray.jpg
twitter_bluray.jpg (46.95 KiB) Viewed 6498 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

That's good news. I'm stunned it was even a question, really. I mean, why would they deny an entire section of the world market the BluRay option? perplexing. glad to hear it's being sorted. :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

well just so long as it comes out in some format. It's developed into a great series can't wait for more season 2!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Reverend Strone wrote:That's good news. I'm stunned it was even a question, really. I mean, why would they deny an entire section of the world market the BluRay option? perplexing. glad to hear it's being sorted. :)
Disney... they love to forget about this part of the world.

It's almost like they don't want money.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

It's truly excellent that Siege of Lothal is included as well.

Pricing on the BluRay option is the next thing I'll be very curious to find out about.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

I asked the folks at Mighty Ape about the Blu Ray for Rebels, Season 1. They have the DVD available for preorder, but with regard to the Blu Ray, their response was unfortunately not positive, at least for now ...

"Unfortunately it looks like we don't have any suppliers that will be carrying this at the moment. :(

"I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help to you, but if we do manage to grab a supplier for a blu-ray version of this, it will be uploaded onto our website right away!"

They may not have a track on it now, but hopefully that will change.

I have to say, credit to MA's customer service - I had my reply within 5 minutes of sending the question.

I had hoped the Blu Ray might yet be plentiful in NZ. For now, the folks at EzyDVD.com.au are the only outfit in this part of the world who I have seen soliciting orders for the Blu Ray. Reckon I might bite ...
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Reverend Strone wrote:I asked the folks at Mighty Ape about the Blu Ray for Rebels, Season 1. They have the DVD available for preorder, but with regard to the Blu Ray, their response was unfortunately not positive, at least for now ...

"Unfortunately it looks like we don't have any suppliers that will be carrying this at the moment. :(

"I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help to you, but if we do manage to grab a supplier for a blu-ray version of this, it will be uploaded onto our website right away!"

They may not have a track on it now, but hopefully that will change.

I have to say, credit to MA's customer service - I had my reply within 5 minutes of sending the question.

I had hoped the Blu Ray might yet be plentiful in NZ. For now, the folks at EzyDVD.com.au are the only outfit in this part of the world who I have seen soliciting orders for the Blu Ray. Reckon I might bite ...
Hey dude-

Sony Pictures distribute Disney DVD product in NZ theyve told me they arent releasing the Rebels Season 1 Blu-ray in NZ, only the DVD and the release date has shifted to Sept 16.

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Thanks, bud. :) That makes the decision easier. Rather than wait and see I shall go ahead and order it from Australia.

Direct link in case others wish to do the same ...