The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Post by MattG »

Here're all the new MM's broken out in to a single FB album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 778&type=3
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I am loving those Micro Machine sets - they even include Rebels and Episode 3 ships/vehicles/characters! :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Anaria wrote:I am loving those Micro Machine sets - they even include Rebels and Episode 3 ships/vehicles/characters! :)
That they're including prequel stuff is a pleasant and welcome surprise. Eps 2 & 3 primarily have been yawning gaps in the MM line. We're also seeing rebels MMs as well. I'm hoping this also means we'll see CW toys in future waves. Colour me delighted!

Now I am anxious to see whether the single-packed, blind-box line (not pictured but confirmed to be coming by the sighting of shelf-talkers at retailers overseas) has anything else not represented here or whether it duplicates the same moulds. I'm guessing the latter. Either scenario would be welcome to me.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:
Anaria wrote:I am loving those Micro Machine sets - they even include Rebels and Episode 3 ships/vehicles/characters! :)
That they're including prequel stuff is a pleasant and welcome surprise. Eps 2 & 3 primarily have been yawning gaps in the MM line. We're also seeing rebels MMs as well. I'm hoping this also means we'll see CW toys in future waves. Colour me delighted!
My sentiments exactly! It'll be great to now have vehicles from all eras represented in the MM line. Hats off to Hasbro for doing this!
Reverend Strone wrote:Now I am anxious to see whether the single-packed, blind-box line (not pictured but confirmed to be coming by the sighting of shelf-talkers at retailers overseas) has anything else not represented here or whether it duplicates the same moulds. I'm guessing the latter. Either scenario would be welcome to me.
I'm hoping for the latter. My biggest concern is that there'll be some vehicles that are exclusive to the blind-bag line, and that'll need a whole lot of hunting to track down.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I'll definitely be getting these. Yay for Ep2 & 3 amongst the line-up. It's interesting the way Hasbro are giving almost equal billing to OT, PT, and Rebels in the new stuff, to back up all the Ep7 products.
Archon Revuge wrote:...My biggest concern is that there'll be some vehicles that are exclusive to the blind-bag line, and that'll need a whole lot of hunting to track down.
That would be a pain.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

PS: I see a bunch of OT MMs that possibly/presumably use old molds/sculpts...probably won't get them again, unless there are additional motivating factors.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:PS: I see a bunch of OT MMs that possibly/presumably use old molds/sculpts...probably won't get them again, unless there are additional motivating factors.
My thoughts too. If not the same molds, they're so close that they'll be a redundant purchase for me. It's nice that they're packaged separately to the new sculpts, so we're not forced to purchase doubles. Again, Hasbro is winning for me on this line alone.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Beautiful...

(Courtesy of Michael Kiirulf.)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hmm, it's hard to be sure from just that picture - but I'm not seeing any stands in there?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Oh look, a packaged pic! Nice.

Yikes Arc, you're right, they lack stands. That's not a deal breaker for me but I guess it's one of the compromises they have made to keep these at such attractive price points.

The repeats of vehicles previously released are what have me kinda hoping the entire selection will also be available as singles as well, and that we will have the option of getting them that way to avoid redundant purchases. That assumes, of course, that codes to beat the blind packaging gimmick will pop up in short order. They usually have done with most of Hasbro's past blind packaged offerings for other properties.

If not, well, these should be affordable enough that a few double purchases won't break the bank. I'm not a completist within a single line, so I'm only interested in some of the the new minis in here. I've identified eight I'd like out of this range, but most are spread across the sets we've seen so far, and that will mean buying as many minis that I don't necessarily want or need in order to get the ones I do. It'd be nice to be able to snag 'em with surgical precision, instead! ;)