New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by Bazzack »

thehiflyer wrote: "Han shoots first" Laser Bolt Han Solo... actually that sounds kinda cool... but then it wouldve been changed to "Han shoots second and only in self defense" Head Dodging Han Solo, only for there to be a huge controversy over the retcon and it being remedied by re-releasing "Han shoots first" Laser Bolt Han Solo as a mailaway figure...hold on...
I'd collect that set for sure! :D

Now, according to the Bothan spys it's looking like there'll be 3 waves of Vintage collection figures over the next 2-3 months. 1 wave first, and then 2 revision waves.

I could be wrong but I suspect the Revenge Of The Jedi Cards will be split amongst the 3 waves. (hopefully totalling up to 12)
Who's collecting the Vintage collection figures MOC? I can see some more hard to find carded figures coming so us carded collectors are gonna need to stick together ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...Who's collecting the Vintage collection figures MOC? I can see some more hard to find carded figures coming so us carded collectors are gonna need to stick together ;)
I've refined my system to keeping them on card if they have a direct matching actual vintage version. :)

The SWNZ scout & share system seems to have helped a good few people for past waves (with only a few exceptions where very limited numbers of a figure have actually made it into NZ)...hopefully we'll able to keep it up. :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bazzack wrote:I could be wrong but I suspect the Revenge Of The Jedi Cards will be split amongst the 3 waves.
Mighty Ape has a few of the wave 9 figures listed for pre-order with "(Revenge)" next to the name. I'm guessing these are some of the figures available on the Revenge cardback?
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

MattG wrote:
Bazzack wrote:...Who's collecting the Vintage collection figures MOC? I can see some more hard to find carded figures coming so us carded collectors are gonna need to stick together ;)
I've refined my system to keeping them on card if they have a direct matching actual vintage version. :)

The SWNZ scout & share system seems to have helped a good few people for past waves (with only a few exceptions where very limited numbers of a figure have actually made it into NZ)...hopefully we'll able to keep it up. :)
Count me in,I trawl St Lukes daily :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

... (with only a few exceptions where very limited numbers of a figure have actually made it into NZ)
In some cases it's not so much that there were limited numbers. In some places there's still a few figures like R5-D4, etc. sitting on pegs which people were originally having difficulty finding. :)
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Buzz Bumble wrote:
... (with only a few exceptions where very limited numbers of a figure have actually made it into NZ)
In some cases it's not so much that there were limited numbers. In some places there's still a few figures like R5-D4, etc. sitting on pegs which people were originally having difficulty finding. :)
R5-D4 wasn't too bad. Wedge on the other hand seems to have a world wide shortage. There hasn't been many here in NZ and we've actually been pretty lucky by the looks.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Fortunately Hasbro confirmed he's being repacked into at least one wave next year, so folks who missed out will get a second chance. Don't pay crazy prices on the aftermarket folks!
steved
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by steved »

The films are out on blu ray next week! Any one spotted the action figure packs that are to be released to commemorate the event?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The new vintage-packaged Tauntaun is very cool. Much articulation, and the face sculpt is superb.
Attachments
tauntaun2011_03.jpg
tauntaun2011_02.jpg
Hasbro Tauntaun
Hasbro Tauntaun
Andiamo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andiamo »

I have to get me one of those. Have you had a look at the landspeeder?