Celebration VI

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Celebration VI

Post by Archon Revuge »

Those of you on the official mailing list would have seen that the date and location of Celebration VI has now been announced: August 23-26 2012 in Orlando Florida.

I must say I'm a little disappointed. I liked the fact that the last two celebrations were held on the 30th anniversaries of Episodes IV and V. I honestly expected celebration 'VI' to happen in 2013...

So does anybody have plans to head on over?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Celebration VI

Post by MattG »

Oh cool, I just got the email too.

I don't think a big anniversary is critical for it to be a particularly big/good event, to be honest, just a useful excuse to give it a bit of a theme. They are advertising this one as being "even BIGGER than all previous iterations" - a number of aspects already have it lined up to trump CV, including, not insignificantly, the lead time. We're definitely considering heading over (got to CIII and CIV...definitely a fan of the concept).
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

2012 is the 35th anniversary of ANH, so it fits.. Some Americans are frustrated as falls between the two big cons of the season, SDCC and D*Con, but I think having much more advance notice this time around should help make it bigger and better :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Hmm tempting, very tempting. :yoda:
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Anaria wrote:2012 is the 35th anniversary of ANH, so it fits...
Ah, good point. Hadn't thought about that :)
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

I'm going to need some ideas of other selling points that would make the cost of getting to Orlando from New Zealand worth it to someone that isn't such a big fan........ :ohwell:
I had my fingers crossed that it would move to somewhere a bit more 'tourist' attractive.

Ah well, at least there's good amount of warning this time. Ya never know aye, I have been plugging the idea since pre C5. Sowing the seed ya might say ;)

Gonna need to do some fund raising.
Hey!......Anyone wanna buy a droid? :rotfl:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:... I had my fingers crossed that it would move to somewhere a bit more 'tourist' attractive....
What sort of things were you looking? We've got a few things lined up for either side of the convention...it's been a while since I've been to Orlando, but I certainly recall there being plenty to do.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

We pulled the trigger and booked con tickets, and made a hotel reservation (Rosen Centre, which connects to the convention centre via an enclosed skywalk).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The official website has a new teaser video (screened at SDCC) up - http://starwarscelebration.com/

Interesting that the mention "exhibits"...the Lucasfilm Archives exhibit has always been one of my favourite attractions, but CV was the one year they didn't do that. Hopefully it'll be back for CVI.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Accommodation booked!

A small victory, and one that can be reversed.
But a victory nonetheless!! :victory: