Bantha wall mount

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Bantha wall mount

Post by badges2nz »

Hey Knock,
This is looking really good, if the backing board is all cardboard sandwiched together possibly a single layer of plastic sheeting, abs or something similar to allow hooks or mounting holes to go into the head.
Have your eyes turned up yet?
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

love the scale you taking with the head awesome! I'd be tempted to go plywood on the back with wood glue. I think you're on the right track with over building armitures etc so I'd do the same with the wall mount good luck!
Edward26
Commander
Commander

Post by Edward26 »

Impressive work as always? When are you going to open your art studio. I will love to come for the opening.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
knock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by knock »

Thanks again :) blaxmyth, matt and slyclone :)
knock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by knock »

Thanks badges2nz & otta goota for that. I wouldn't have thought of a backing board to be honest, new territory :)
Yes the backing is just cardboard sandwiched together with a polystyrene board inside to make it thicker. Would that hold a board?
I should have thought or figured that part out before fully covering the front part but then again it was suppose to be a bit smaller

I held off on the eyes for the moment, postage prices have been insane for such a small item to post or if the postage price is good then the eye's are really expensive. I was looking into maybe getting those glass cabochons and try painting them myself. I can get a pair with postage for under $15 from www.craftrunner.co.nz
I would love to splash out on a pair of nice eyes but then that cuts into my budget for other projects.
knock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by knock »

Thanks edward26 for the nice comment but I think you might have the wrong person :) :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

One or two ideas for the eyes would be to maybe paint up either ping pong balls or the deodorant balls the covering with a coat of klear kast epoxy to give that nice thick clear lacquer type finish.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
knock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by knock »

Thanks badges2nz for that :) will check that out.
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cloneone44 »

Wow Knock. Would love to see if you've progressed this any further. With the Mandalorian being a big hit, I thought about doing the same and making a Bantha trophy for the shed, might The trophy wall at Galaxy's Edge Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities was spectacular in person. Ya need a big wall though.

I'm thinking Ply for the back board, a combination of cardboard and thin ply for the skeleton with expand-a-foam and paper mash. I like your horn development. I'm keen to resolve the fur issue. I'll have a chat to a few professional prop makers and see what they suggest.