Battlefront III

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battlefront III

Post by MattG »

Edward26 wrote:...I have trouble taking down the At-ST. No Grenades???
'Barrage' is a good start (slot/key 1, if you take that default load-out option), and you'll get additional 'slot 4'/'star card'/power up weapons (see attached pic) that do a lot of damage if you defend the crashed escape/supply pod long enough.
Attachments
power ups.jpg
power ups.jpg (108.96 KiB) Viewed 15114 times
darthjohnnyb
Cadet
Cadet

Post by darthjohnnyb »

Ion weapons do more damage to vehicles as well (the middle card slot in the default hand) - activiting gives your main weapon an Ion upgrade for a short period. ATST also has a blind spot just in front below the guns, if you can get in close and avoid getting stomped.

Loving the game - it does feel like star wars (when you mange to have a look around without getting shot in the back every 10 seconds - (yeah - I'm not a pro gamer).

I can see myself losing lots of time to this when the full game comes out.

I would really LOVE a remake of Jedi Knight with these graphics (having visions of playing Kyle Katarn running around Nar Shadda or the Fuel Depo in a FPS).
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Hey guys,

Spent a good part of the weekend playing it online with family overseas and its just the best - especially when you pick up a Darth Vader Token in Walker Assault and start force choking some fools all the while yelling "You dont know the POW-WAH of the Dark Side!" :)

Haha - so cool.

Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I had a few gripes, mainly with game play as graphically it looks amazing.

It really needs a prone like in BF3/BF4 especially when in the trenches and the walkers are shooting, your pretty much cannon fodder to AT-AT's and Snipers unless you can hide from this fire.

The zoom scope on the normal guns like the E11 doesn't zoom in enough it still feels like the enemy is miles away when looking down the scope.

Ammo and Health. I kinda feel there needs to be classes that drop this and having unlimited ammo, yeah they also should have had some sort of charge packs for this instead of having the gun overheat.

Oh and on Friday night, we encoutered our first hacker on the PC version. Here's some footage of the cheat.

[youtube]MpvUN-cEA8c[/youtube]

Other than that, I've had real fun playing this and feeling like I was in Echo Base for the first time!

And having Luke and Vader as hero characters is pretty cool but not when they waste you :p
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Still getting used to the control style as compared with SWTOR/MMO controls, but am looking forward to more missions. Slowly getting better...got my 6 waves of Tatooine Survival down to 7m44s.
Attachments
starwarsbattlefront 2015-10-12 16-46-44-26.jpg
starwarsbattlefront 2015-10-12 16-46-44-26.jpg (402.92 KiB) Viewed 15042 times
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The beta has been extended by a day, and new game modes have been announced.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... attlefront
Attachments
rendition1.jpg
rendition1.jpg (515.46 KiB) Viewed 15032 times
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I'll probably still get this (and a PS4), but I'm not as excited as I once was...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool advertising...

[youtube]mByznNYCWTY[/youtube]
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Hi all - for any Xbox One users out there, a full Battlefront trial is now available via EA Access.

Join up to EA Access for $6.99 NZD for one month and you get access to a 10 hour trial of the full battlefront game - there are other games to play via EA access and other benefits but we all know why were here.

See you on the battlefield!

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

While a new version of Battlefront has been announced, for anyone interested in picking up the current version on sale, Mighty Ape currently has the PC, PS4 and XboxOne versions on sale for NZ$35.00 each in today's Daily Deals -

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/daily-deals ... ?r=1755803
mightyape_15july2016.jpg
mightyape_15july2016.jpg (126.64 KiB) Viewed 14699 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB