Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - [Title Forthcoming] *SPOILERS*

Post by Archon Revuge »

Also:
StarWars.com wrote:It has also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII is set about 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Yesterday TheForce.net posted a rumoured photo from the Episode VII set in Abu Dhabi. Fans have been quick to note that it contains something that looks very much like a partially-buried AT-AT foot. I'm inclined to agree!

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yeah, I've seen other analyses, comparing it against ESB screenshots, and the conclusion that it is an AT-AT foot looks quite reasonable, if not convincing.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Movies may revert to a May release date? http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-updates-horn/
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I'm wondering if that comment could be read to mean future SW movies aren't beholden to December releases as opposed to specifically suggesting that Ep VII could be being shifted back to May? That's interesting anyhow. Personally I'd rather wait a little longer for a film that isn't rushed. I guess we'll see what happens.
Captainsolo1978
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Captainsolo1978 »

Well that's the official cast announcement- no Lando...
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

In my opinion, he's not a core cast member (and I'm a huge Lando fan), so it's not a huge deal... save him for a sequel.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Given that Billy D Williams has some health issues, I'm not at all surprised he wasn't cast, he is after all 77 years old now!

What is interesting is there's no mention of Ian McDiarmid unless JJ has something sneaky hidden up his sleeve. ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The official site seem to be getting hammered, and is having intermittent bandwidth problems.

For the sake of completeness and discussion, here's the list (via i09.com)
John Boyega, bad ass lead in Attack the Block. He killed all the alien baddies, and acted the hell out of the movie. Really excited to get him.
Daisy Ridley. Fairly new face here. First real gripe of the casting list too. ONLY ONE FEMALE?
Adam Driver, you may know him as Lena Dunham's on screen boyfriend from Girls. Driver has long been rumored to be in this film, as the villain.
Oscar Isaac, Inside Llewyn Davis. Wonderful, maybe he will sing?
Andy Serkis. Playing Andy Serkis or using his skills at performance capture as some sort of Star Wars creature. Win, win either way.
Domhnall Gleeson, lead in About Time. Also seen in True Gritt, Dredd, Harry Potter he's great. This actor has a wide range of acting abilities.
Max von Sydow, you know who Max von Sydow is.
And, of course, the original trio.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

fredstar wrote:...What is interesting is there's no mention of Ian McDiarmid unless JJ has something sneaky hidden up his sleeve. ;)
Didn't his character die in Episode VI ;) I don't mind the occasional cameo, ghost visitation etc, but I'd personally prefer if the principle villain wasn't just a reincarnation of Palpatine.