Auckland Armageddon (28-31 October)

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Auckland Armageddon (28-31 October)

Post by Buzz Bumble »

There doesn't appear to be any Star Wars celebrities scheduled, but for those who like being squashed in crowds and paying exhorbitant prices, the Auckland Armageddon Expo is coming soon. ;)
Auckland
28 - 31 October, 2011 - Four Day MASSIVE Event!

More Details
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auckland Armageddon (Labour Weekend, 4 Days)

Post by MattG »

I'll be there, and will likely wear a costume or two for some of the time. Unfortunately, there will be no official SWNZ booth presence this year (I've been tied up, out of town, too much over the last few months, due to family commitments that I've described elsewhere).

Small correction though - it's the weekend after Labour weekend this year (bumped to accommodate the RWC final).

Who else is likely to be in attendance?
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Auckland Armageddon (28-31 October)

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Opps! You're right. I fixed the subject.

I saw "4 days" and assumed it was Labour weekend. Having it the weekend after is a bit silly really. They are unlikely to get many people on the Friday and Monday - the rugby visitors will have (thankfully) gone, the school holidays are over, etc. ... BUT the quieter days might mean I bother to go this year (I'll have to see how busy I am towards the end of next week). :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Opps! You're right. I fixed the subject.

I saw "4 days" and assumed it was Labour weekend. Having it the weekend after is a bit silly really. They are unlikely to get many people on the Friday and Monday...
It's usually Labour weekend (in fact, always, in the recent past). And yeah, a lot of people are bemoaning the new timeslot, as it isn't school/university holidays on the Mon/Fri. I believe it'll be back to normal next year (not clear whether it'll be 3 or 4 days).
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

MattG wrote:
Buzz Bumble wrote:Opps! You're right. I fixed the subject.

I saw "4 days" and assumed it was Labour weekend. Having it the weekend after is a bit silly really. They are unlikely to get many people on the Friday and Monday...
It's usually Labour weekend (in fact, always, in the recent past). And yeah, a lot of people are bemoaning the new timeslot, as it isn't school/university holidays on the Mon/Fri. I believe it'll be back to normal next year (not clear whether it'll be 3 or 4 days).
Yeah I suppose it comes down to how much money Bill can make :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

I hope to be there 3 of the 4 days with my R2.
( most likely Fri,Sat,Mon)
Last edited by Bazzack on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

i am planning to be there on Sunday
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

A lot of it came down to venue availability too. RWC has meant a lot of hotels etc are fully booked or ridiculously overpriced. Feven the weekend after they are asking RWC weekend prices..

I get to know a bit of the ins and outs and no decision is ever made easily or on whim ;)

I shall be there :) Admiral Daala and Shae Vizla and a non Star Wars costume (Mina from Dracula) are costumes I'm pretty sure I'll be wandering around in. Even if my Shae greaves are causing grief... so many panels of plastic to glue...
Sledgehama
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sledgehama »

I'll be there some time over the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. Will certainly be keeping an eye out for the costuming members of the board - you'll be a lot easier to spot than the rest of us 'civvies' - though the big bags of SW loot may be a bit of a giveaway!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

you'll be a lot easier to spot than the rest of us 'civvies'
One of the American forums I visit gets special T-shirts made for the regulars to wear when they go to the big expos over there (they have even sent me one or two) and forum business cards to hand out (I know Matt made some of these a while back too - I've still got a couple somewhere in my collection and the old SWNZ membership card in my wallet). :)

I've actually often thought about making up some forum business cards and slipping them into the boxes of the Hasbro vehicles on shop shelves, but didn't want to make trouble for SWNZ (shop owners my not like people doing that without permission) and rarely have enough time.