Celebration VI

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Celebration VI

Post by Anaria »

Excellent! :D
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Anaria wrote:Excellent! :D
Yeah, I'm pretty excited and the fundraising has begun, so i'm quietly confident.
Great that we've been given plenty of notice this time.

Come on people, who else is up for a little road trip in? Only a year & a slash to go :D
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Bazzack wrote:
Anaria wrote:Excellent! :D
Yeah, I'm pretty excited and the fundraising has begun, so i'm quietly confident.
Great that we've been given plenty of notice this time.

Come on people, who else is up for a little road trip in? Only a year & a slash to go :D
Awesome man,congrats! Id love to go to a Celebration, but not the next one Im afraid :(
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

It would be nice to be able to go, but unfortunately not enough $$$ or time plus the whole family would have to go big $$$. :(
There is no way I could make it a business trip and slip my costume in my suit case, the wife would get very sus.
I'd love to do a fanboys trip to skywalker ranch.
Does anyone know if they do tours there at all?
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

badges2nz wrote: I'd love to do a fanboys trip to skywalker ranch.
Does anyone know if they do tours there at all?
My understanding is no, it is not open to the public. Occasionally they will do a special competition or something in which you can win a visit, but these seem to be very rare. If you happen to have a contact or 'in' with LF somewhere, then arranging it as a kind of favour is probably your best hope, but the Ranch itself isn't quite the hub of activity that it once was so there are far less people with access there. Many of the folks that used to work at Skywalker are now housed in their other facilities, like down the road at Big Rock Ranch (where they design and run TCW) and the Letterman Digital Arts facility in the San Francisco Presidio, when Licensing, Arts and ILM are all located.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

*Shuffles feet* So umm... yeah. I'm saving up to go swimming with a Whale Shark.

At the Atlanta Aquarium.

After Dragon*Con.

After Celebration.

Both of which I am also going to.

Staying with the Mando Merc's and more specifically with the Aussie brigade given their super support (in person and online). And hoping to hang out with my peeps in the 501st, RL, Mandos and WPE XD A lot of cross over in all those actually ;)

Kind of dizzy from committing to this but also from the incredible support from my costuming family in the US, Canada, Aus., and NZ. So many people I'm super excited to meet in person (too many to name) :) And extremely humbled that they feel the same about me :) Tears, tears man all over the show :) I've known a few fore more than a decade online! It's going to be a big old love in ;)*

Now excuse me while I get the shakes again. And wonder what on earth to pack! Moulin Rouge, Ever After and Star Wars natch but just what... hnghhhh....

*By the way one of whom has sponsored us for the Relay for Life.. more tears.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

That's awesome mdb! :victory:
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I'm still tempted to go, as I'll be on the Left Side -- where I won't be sweating my ass off in the ridiculous humidity -- of the U.S. a few weeks earlier... we'll see, I guess?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The first wave of guests is up, for those who haven't seen the news: http://starwarscelebration.com/Whos-Coming/Guests/
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

mdb wrote:*Shuffles feet* So umm... yeah. I'm saving up to go swimming with a Whale Shark.

At the Atlanta Aquarium.
Wow! That is soo cool! Congrats Michaela! How amazing. :woot:
After Dragon*Con.

After Celebration.
The fun has been doubled! What an epic trip. :D You deserve it. I look forward to the pictures and stories. :)