SWNZ Forums

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
 #4266  by Archon Revuge
 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:46 pm
Those of you on the official mailing list would have seen that the date and location of Celebration VI has now been announced: August 23-26 2012 in Orlando Florida.

I must say I'm a little disappointed. I liked the fact that the last two celebrations were held on the 30th anniversaries of Episodes IV and V. I honestly expected celebration 'VI' to happen in 2013...

So does anybody have plans to head on over?
 #4272  by MattG
 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 pm
Oh cool, I just got the email too.

I don't think a big anniversary is critical for it to be a particularly big/good event, to be honest, just a useful excuse to give it a bit of a theme. They are advertising this one as being "even BIGGER than all previous iterations" - a number of aspects already have it lined up to trump CV, including, not insignificantly, the lead time. We're definitely considering heading over (got to CIII and CIV...definitely a fan of the concept).
 #4274  by Anaria
 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:58 pm
2012 is the 35th anniversary of ANH, so it fits.. Some Americans are frustrated as falls between the two big cons of the season, SDCC and D*Con, but I think having much more advance notice this time around should help make it bigger and better :)
 #4279  by Archon Revuge
 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:38 am
Anaria wrote:2012 is the 35th anniversary of ANH, so it fits...
Ah, good point. Hadn't thought about that :)
 #4284  by Bazzack
 Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:08 am
I'm going to need some ideas of other selling points that would make the cost of getting to Orlando from New Zealand worth it to someone that isn't such a big fan........ :ohwell:
I had my fingers crossed that it would move to somewhere a bit more 'tourist' attractive.

Ah well, at least there's good amount of warning this time. Ya never know aye, I have been plugging the idea since pre C5. Sowing the seed ya might say ;)

Gonna need to do some fund raising.
Hey!......Anyone wanna buy a droid? :rotfl:
 #4290  by MattG
 Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:32 am
Bazzack wrote:... I had my fingers crossed that it would move to somewhere a bit more 'tourist' attractive....
What sort of things were you looking? We've got a few things lined up for either side of the convention...it's been a while since I've been to Orlando, but I certainly recall there being plenty to do.
 #4871  by MattG
 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 pm
The official website has a new teaser video (screened at SDCC) up - http://starwarscelebration.com/

Interesting that the mention "exhibits"...the Lucasfilm Archives exhibit has always been one of my favourite attractions, but CV was the one year they didn't do that. Hopefully it'll be back for CVI.
 #4895  by Bazzack
 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 am
Accommodation booked!

A small victory, and one that can be reversed.
But a victory nonetheless!! :victory: