Wellington Armageddon... Sans Star Wars

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Wellington Armageddon... Sans Star Wars

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bazzack wrote:So. Back on topic....who's going to Wellington Armageddon??(I mean fans/you guys& gals, not the stars)
I'm pretty keen, but it'll depend on how much disposable income I have closer to the time (as since there are no Star Wars guests I'll be heading along purely to splurge on Star Wars goodies :))
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

So. Back on topic....who's going to Wellington Armageddon??(I mean fans/you guys& gals, not the stars)
Just for a bit of useless info (and to bump up my post count being a noobie ;) ), we'll be there as per usual stuck behind a stall. This will be our... 6th? Welligeddon, although it won't be the same without Matt and Kristy :cry:
The 3 day event format could makes things interesting as well. And I wholeheartedly agree, we need more SW guests!
Any chance of catching up again this time Daniel?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

reelcollectibles wrote: Just for a bit of useless info (and to bump up my post count being a noobie ;) ), we'll be there as per usual stuck behind a stall. This will be our... 6th? Welligeddon, although it won't be the same without Matt and Kristy :cry:
The 3 day event format could makes things interesting as well. And I wholeheartedly agree, we need more SW guests!...
Hope it goes well for everyone that makes it; very interested to hear how it pans out with the extension to 3 days. Hope we get to see reports and photos here from the lucky few who make it! :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

PS: Hugh - what does ReelCollectibles plan to have available at the 'Geddon conventions, especially from the Star Wars lines?
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

MattG wrote:PS: Hugh - what does ReelCollectibles plan to have available at the 'Geddon conventions, especially from the Star Wars lines?
Actually Matt, due to a bit of bad timing, there may not be much in the way of newly released product available at the 'geddons themselves. I've got sitting in front of me the new Sideshow Commander Cody Legendary Scale Bust and the eFx Red Five, but they're both customer orders so I can't bring them up to the Geddons. Those collectors that attended the Auckland expo will remember the impressive SW display mainly made up of the Code 3 Vader's Tie Fighter, Gentle Giant Rancor and Kotobukiya X-Wing, we envisage at this stage bringing the same items to both Christchurch and Wellington. There's a couple of new Clone Wars Wackly Wobblers that will be tehre and we've got a couple of new pieces of SW Acme Art to bring up also.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

reelcollectibles wrote:Actually Matt, due to a bit of bad timing, there may not be much in the way of newly released product available at the 'geddons themselves. I've got sitting in front of me the new Sideshow Commander Cody Legendary Scale Bust and the eFx Red Five, but they're both customer orders so I can't bring them up to the Geddons. Those collectors that attended the Auckland expo will remember the impressive SW display mainly made up of the Code 3 Vader's Tie Fighter, Gentle Giant Rancor and Kotobukiya X-Wing, we envisage at this stage bringing the same items to both Christchurch and Wellington. There's a couple of new Clone Wars Wackly Wobblers that will be tehre and we've got a couple of new pieces of SW Acme Art to bring up also.
Wow, Cody bust and X-wing, those are nice! Any chance the new art includes any Leia pieces?
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

reelcollectibles wrote:...it won't be the same without Matt and Kristy :cry:
Amen to that.
Any chance of catching up again this time Daniel?
I sure hope so buddy. We might be out of town that weekend - sorting out plans now - but assuming we're here, we absolutely must catch up! :D
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I'll be there doing the whole cosplay thing again (should be pretty awesome there is a group of 16 entering!!!!) and may even be able to spend some money this time ;) Nothing SW planned at this stage, though I may actually have a budget beyond being able to afford a cup of hot chocolate this time ;) And maybe even attending a few of the events.. now there's a novel idea.

And I'll be there from silly am on Thursday so I'm hoping to do a spot of sight seeing
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey M - don't forget...those of us that are left behind are expecting to see fun photos from those that get to go! :D
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

MattG wrote:Hey M - don't forget...those of us that are left behind are expecting to see fun photos from those that get to go! :D
Will see if I can borrow a camera so I can :D

Though as others have said it will be sad to not see you two there :(