Wellington Armageddon... Sans Star Wars

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Wellington Armageddon... Sans Star Wars

Post by Archon Revuge »

Is anyone else a little disappointed at the lack of Star Wars guests at the Wellington Armageddons these past few years?

Bring back Billy Dee I say. I've never heard a man talk for so long about a fragrance!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wellington Armageddon... Sans Star Wars

Post by MattG »

Totally agree...definitely time for some Star Wars celebs at Armageddons again.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

I totally agree too! how hard can it be?

Especially given the kiwi contingent in the later years.

Speaking of which, I've never seen any reference to Marton Csokas having been the voice of Poggle the Lesser until very recently. Is that a little known fact?
He seems to have slipped through the 'kiwi connexion' net somehow?
Last edited by Bazzack on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...

Speaking of which, I've never seen any reference to Marton Csokas having been the voice of Poggle the Lesser until very recently. Is that a little known fact?
He seems to have slipped through the 'kiwi connexion' net somehow?
My understanding on this is that he was announced as a "cast member" during EP2 production, but wasn't used in the end...I've seen reference in one of the Insider magazines that Poggle the Lesser's voice was all artificially created by the sound department.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Ahhh. Ok. Well that makes sense.
I was looking at his profile the other day and it had reference to him being Poggle. And searches for Poggle seem to always come up with a link to Marton as well. Guess it's like chinese whispers. :blink:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

It still shows up all over the place. There is one biography/filmography, that I've seen, where Csokas is quoted as saying he did the role, but got correspondence later saying his work wasn't used - NZHerald
Marton Csokas wrote:That was a really interesting exercise for me in terms of publicity casting and actually doing it ... and George Lucas saying at the last moment they had decided to give him a computer-generated visage as well as voice.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...Especially given the kiwi contingent in the later years....
And, Bruce Spence (Tion Medon) has been in the country for ages, filming 'Legend of the Seeker' (and he does conventions; eg, Celebration IV).

It is a big job that the organisers do to wrangle celebs for the Armageddons...we have to give them that...but it would be nice to see more love for SW.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Thanks for clearing that up Matt. There's a lesson for me in not believing everything you read aye :blush:

So. Back on topic....who's going to Wellington Armageddon??(I mean fans/you guys& gals, not the stars)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:So. Back on topic....who's going to Wellington Armageddon??(I mean fans/you guys& gals, not the stars)
Well, as much as Wellygeddon is a longstanding tradition for us, we might miss out on this one, in order to save the pennies for later in the year. That position would change if big name guests (or any Star Wars guest) are announced.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Yeah it's a shame there aren't any SW guests at Wellington this year, hasn't been for a while - I remember going to Wellington just to see David Prowse and Peter Mayhew, a few years ago now. That was great :)

I wonder if there are any more guests yet to be announced? Not so interested in the current guest list. With the Clone Wars doing well, you'd think they'd want to add a bit more SW to the event these days...
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB