The force awakens pre ticket sales

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The force awakens pre ticket sales

Post by badges2nz »

Archon Revuge wrote:
badges2nz wrote:Would be good to catch up without the helmet on next time too :D
Indeed! I was tempted to come over and introduce myself at the Force Friday event - but I figured it'd be a little hard to have a proper conversation through that helmet :D
Definitely, it was hard enough talking to the motorcycle cop at the gas station when I was getting a couple of drinks for break time. :D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Sledgehama
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sledgehama »

So who got their tickets ordered today? Finally managed to get mine after spending way too much time looking for the IMAX option and eventually stumbled upon it by going through each of the Queen St showings until I found the seating plan that match. Got one but rather annoyed that I could have got a better seat if I had been able to find that screening more directly. Oh well - will be there for the midnight screening at least! Hope to see some others there too!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Got a midnight session (and a daytime session for Thursday too) after about 15-20 minutes of frustration. I don't think any of the main cinema chains really had their online strategy fully prepared.
Attachments
midnight.jpg
midnight.jpg (197.06 KiB) Viewed 6377 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Had the same 20 minutes of frustration booking on Events - but managed to get a couple of great seats for the 12.01am 3D screening at Embassy :)

Anyone else heading there too?
td-94
Ensign
Ensign

Post by td-94 »

Archon Revuge wrote:Had the same 20 minutes of frustration booking on Events - but managed to get a couple of great seats for the 12.01am 3D screening at Embassy :)

Anyone else heading there too?
Yes I will definitely be there! Had the same trouble booking tickets as well, ended up just walking down to the theatre to get them by which point there were only a couple of seating options left for the number of people I was going with. Worked out alright though in the end, and got a decent spot in the middle back part of the theatre :)
Kiwi sapper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi sapper »

Embassy for 12:01 bit of a job getting tickets

will see how it goes on the day, but I'm hoping to get back in after breakfast for a second round
Join the Empire they said, See the Galaxy they said, yet here we are stuck on Tatooine
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Kiwi sapper wrote:...will see how it goes on the day, but I'm hoping to get back in after breakfast for a second round
We grabbed tickets for the 10am session the next morning (as well as midnight) - we know we'll be wanting to see it again as soon as possible! :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

I didn't know the Embassy were going to show it as well, I bought mine for readings courtney 12.01am session gold lounge for the 17th.
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

I have 12:01 in Sylvia Park, was looking for a 2D version at Gold Class, or Extreme Screen on Fri or Sat (for my partner as well - I'm not a total *censored*) but all the deluxe theaters are only doing 3D - not my personal favourite. Probably settle for a regular screen.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

RIGHTY HO THEN, just managed to get in on the Embassy website for the 3d screening at 12.01am on Thursday 17th Dec.
I prefer the Embassy as it has a lot of historical meaning for me and past movies, Close encounters of the third kind, watership down, police academy and many many more seen there over the years.
I might leave my last pot of Tangy fruits at home though.