Star Wars Costumes / Props needed for music video

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Star Wars Costumes / Props needed for music video

Post by HanSagan »

Hi all,

A friend of mine is doing a 'Star Wars' themed music video, mostly out of his own pocket, and he asked me if I could help to find him some costumes and props....I'm giving him what I can out of my meager collection, but I thought I should post his request here as well in case anyone else is keen to help.

His contact is joehitchcock@gmail.com ...I've posted the details of his request below:

"A friend of mine goes by the name of MC STORMTROOPA, he raps about Star Wars. I want to shoot a video for a track called "Lord Vader" (http://www.facebook.com/l/a35c3;www.mys ... tormtroopa ), similar to the style of Scribe's "Stand Up" video.

We don't have funding, but I want to shoot the video really well, so I'm putting up $ for technical stuff and a studio to make it look good.

I'm trying to get as many Star Wars character costumes as I can, possibly by as early as next Sunday (13th June - we're finalising that date today)

I'd definitely love to have the R2D2! I could pay something for that.. We don't have funding, so maybe $100 (the owner could come and operate it so we don't break him)? We would actually only need to have him for a few hours. Ideally, I'd love to put him sideways or upside-down (on a safe rig), and cheat the angle so we can spin him and make him look like he's breakdancing on his head in slow motion.. It would be up to the owner really..

I don't really have much to spend on costumes, but ideally the owners of the costumes could actually wear their costumes and cameo in the video. The better costumes will be heavily featured, and we will feed everybody on the day..

We will also need other extras to fill up the room, but the best costumes will be up front of the camera.

Let me know what you think.. I'll lock in the date tonight, but it is likely to be June 13th."
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Dunap
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Star Wars Costumes / Props needed for music video

Post by Dunap »

Where is this video being shot?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Costumes / Props needed for music video

Post by MattG »

Unfortunately the timing of this doesn't work well for me. I see it's been posted over on the 501st forums too, so hopefully some of the members over there will be able to get involved.