Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by badges2nz »

Hey guys, I hope you all have fun for Saturday and Sunday, I won't be able to attend due to work and family commitments, Pity I was looking forward to this, especially Sunday.
Maybe one day when my Darth Vader costume arrives :D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

We all had a blast today at the prequel screenings :) Great to see so many turn up to all 3 films - kids with lightsabers, groups of girls in Star Wars tshirts, families - all applauding when the credits rolled on the final film of the day - bring on the original trilogy tomorrow! :)

For those interested, the requirements and terms & conditions of the Star Wars AUNZ Facebook competition to win a trip to Celebration have been posted - entry is now open until 9am Tuesday 6th May - https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsAUNZ/a ... 1763509136 - as entry is open to people 18 years and older who have liked the StarWarsAUNZ FB page and live in Australia or New Zealand, it could be a rather big pool of entrants, with FB 'likes' being needed to win.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

These are a few photo submissions from the troopers at Hoyts Te Awa. The video wall down there is something awesome too.
Attachments
Hoyts, Te Awa
Hoyts, Te Awa
hoyts5.jpg (314.33 KiB) Viewed 8313 times
Hoyts, Te Awa
Hoyts, Te Awa
hoyts6.jpg (272.14 KiB) Viewed 8313 times
Hoyts, Te Awa
Hoyts, Te Awa
hoyts4.jpg (436.25 KiB) Viewed 8313 times
Hoyts, Te Awa
Hoyts, Te Awa
hoyts3.jpg (364.31 KiB) Viewed 8313 times
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

For those interested, the requirements and terms & conditions of the Star Wars AUNZ Facebook competition to win a trip to Celebration have been posted
On the Event Cinemas website it says "best dress" (instead of dressed) ... so you can wear just any old frock and enter the competition. ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Best. Movie. Eva!

The packed theatre was fully engaged. It was like watching it for the first time. Love the award ceremony theme. No, that's not an emotional tear, I just got some Tatooine sand in my eye.

Few more minutes until the Empire strikes...
Snibo1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Snibo1 »

Dam... I didn't realise anyone was going to turn up at Te Awa today. I would have gone over, at least to say hi!
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

What an awesome day! Sylvia Parks XtremeScreen did not disappoint with it's digital screening which was a pure AV delight with superior picture and sound.

Here are some pics of the Star Was costume judging where a local Fett took away the top prize of a free movie pass. :D

I think I need sugar/popcorn detox ;-)

Bring on Episode VII!
Attachments
IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4759.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
IMG_4758.JPG
IMG_4758.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4757.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
IMG_4756.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
IMG_4745.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 8255 times
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Such a great day - packed theatre at Sylvia Park, lots of applause :) Juliet had fun in her casual jedi outfit for the day :)

3News has a video segment with footage from Christchurch and Wellington - great work troopers :)

http://www.3news.co.nz/Kiwis-embrace-St ... fault.aspx
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Wellington's May 4th Marathon was awesome fun. the crowd was having a great time - lots of hoots, applause, laughs and cheers in all the right places. My kids had such a good time. We had to bail before the end of Empire on account of it being a school night, but that was fine. They enjoyed themselves immensely and can't wait to watch the BluRays again next weekend to finish off the trilogy.

It was particularly delightful for me because my kids were weened on The Clone Wars, so for them the OT has always been Dad's SW, but the big screen experience had such an impact on them that now they're talking about Han, Luke & Leia with the same affection as Rex, Ahsoka and Anakin. Both had to cover their eyes when Obi-Wan sacrificed himself, a profound moment for them considering how well they know that character. I'd argue it means even more to them after being with that character through so many adventures over the years CW has been airing than it did to us, who had only just met him when we first saw the film.

I hope they do it again next year!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

A little bit of excitement halfway into ANH during our Wellington marathon was a briefly felt (but mostly ignored and quickly forgotten) earthquake!