Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by thehiflyer »

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone has been made aware about this but I just heard through some peeps at Sony/Disney/Fox that the marathon screenings (in Auckland at least) will be digital screenings :)

I posited the likelihood of a special message or announcement at the start of the marathons and they denied any chance of that happening - Im still pestering them about what versions theyll be playing, Im assuming due to the digital nature theyll be the blu-ray versions but Ill keep you posted :)

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Yeah, it'll be digital, for sure.

I mean, really, that was guaranteed.

While it'd be sweet to see an uncompressed 4K copy, 2K still looks pretty tidy up on screen.

Plus, The Embassy is gonna be a mad house!
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Harvey Mushman wrote:Yeah, it'll be digital, for sure.

I mean, really, that was guaranteed.

While it'd be sweet to see an uncompressed 4K copy, 2K still looks pretty tidy up on screen.

Plus, The Embassy is gonna be a mad house!
Yeah my buzzing was more around the confirmation of the digital delivery which would lead to the possibility of a hardlocked message or trailer - of course digital makes sense for a global event like this :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

We get a discount thanks to the company being associated with the Embassy, so that, new kids' pricing on the tickets and the nod from the wife for us to stay for at least half of Empire before heading home means the kids and I will be attending the Embassy OT screenings on Sunday. :D yay! I'm very pleased. Half of the folks at my work are going too, it seems, and when we bought tickets last night the central block of seats was already booked out, so it looks like it's going to be super popular down here in Wellington. I think it helps that the Embassy is the only place showing it. A city full of SW fans (and at least one out of towner ;)) will all be descending on the same venue. I'm looking forwad to the festive atmosphere, and then we get to wake up to a Rebels trailer the next morning, for which my kids are now going to be well primed.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

thehiflyer wrote:Yeah my buzzing was more around the confirmation of the digital delivery which would lead to the possibility of a hardlocked message or trailer - of course digital makes sense for a global event like this :)
Yeah bro, Digital FTW! That should also improve the look of the CGI additions just like in the Blu Ray versions. :D
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I still think of myself as a local, D.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Finally some advertising for the Trilogy marathons. The TimeOut section of today's NZ Herald has a strip across the Event Cinemas' page advertising the marathons at the Albany (North Shore, Auckland) cinema ... but that's all.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

If anyone happens to get any photos of any promotional events going on in association with the movie marathons this weekend, it'd be fun to see them here. I know, for instance, that there are going to be quite a few troopers/costumers at Te Awa/Hamilton, and at Hoyts Riccarton, ChCh.
Snibo1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Snibo1 »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Finally some advertising for the Trilogy marathons. The TimeOut section of today's NZ Herald has a strip across the Event Cinemas' page advertising the marathons at the Albany (North Shore, Auckland) cinema ... but that's all.
I am Trooping in Albany tomorrow with EB Games to raise funds for Starship. Not 100% if I will be in the EB Store the whole time, maybe going for a walk around, will depend on what EB has organised with the Mall..... should be a good day up there!!!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Snibo1 wrote:I am Trooping in Albany tomorrow with EB Games to raise funds for Starship...
Nice one!