Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by Bazzack »

fredstar wrote:Just booked tickets to La Premiere, Sylvia Park, Auckland for Sunday's OT Screening.

Looks like todays bookings are all done in person. No online option available.

La Premiere costs are $150.00 for 2 people for 1 day (3 movies.)

Chur.
I zipped into Sylvia Park yesterday, and unfortunately they had sorted their pricing out.
Price ended up being $180 for 2xOT La Premiere. Ah well.

Turns out my seats are right beside fredstar's......Hope you've got plenty of popcorn! ;)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

The View websites are running competitions to win Hoyts double passes (not sure if it's for both Trilogies) for the Star Wars Movie Marathon in: You have to register to enter (the answer is 4 stars), but it's free. Entries close: 30 April, 2014.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Flicks.co.nz is also running a competition to win a Star Wars Marathon double pass for Hoyts Xtremescreen in Auckland (Sylvia Park) or Waikato (Te Awa). Again you have to be registered, but it's free.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:The View websites are running competitions to win Hoyts double passes...
Cool, thanks for those links.
darryl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by darryl »

Cool, I just got my tickets for Episodes 4 - 6 at The Embassy in Wellington! I can't wait!!!!!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Thanks for posting that competition info Buzz. :)

I have been in touch with the Embassy theatre here in wellington. The news isn't good for me so far, unfortunately. No childrens' pricing sadly - just $50 a head, and no single movie tickets either. The films don't start till 2pm, and given they will have school the next morning it will be too late for me to take my two children to, even if I could afford $150 to take them, so sadly for now I am forced to bow out. I was so excited for this but they really haven't made it easy.

My guess is that closer to May single tickets will go up for sale. The Embassy is a huge cinema and they won't fill it just selling marathon tickets. Right now they want to encourage people to buy tickets for all the films, and fair enough. I'll try them again nearer the end of April in the hopes I can buy tickets for just ANH on Sunday afternoon for me and my two kids. I'd really like to give them the big screen SW experience.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Hey Rev, the Hoyt's site states that single movie tickets will be available from the 18th.
Hopefully the Event cinemas/Embassy will be the same?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I would be surprised if they don't do something like that too. They are just trying to get as much buy in as they can on the marathon passes for now, which is completely understandable. By not announcing single passes yet it encourages people to seriously consider the marathon pases, but I doubt that's the last word on the subject. I can't see them turning away single ticket buyers as long as there are empty seats in the cinema, come May. For now, I am quietly biding my time. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I've just stumbled across this item which was posted on the RiptItUp.co.nz website back in February (and says tickets were on sale then) and it mentions a "best dressed" competition that may be of interest to some ...
New Zealand Celebrates International Star Wars Day with a Theatrical Marathon of All Six Films
5pm | 12 February

In celebration of the global Star Wars fan holiday, May the 4th we wanted to share with you some reasons to choose your side, dust off your Jedi robe, roll your hair into cinnamon buns and join the force in a galaxy far, far away………

May 3 & 4 – Movie Marathon

In 8 locations across New Zealand all six films from the epic space saga return to cinemas in Digital 2D. Tickets go on sale today, there are prizes for ‘best dressed’, including the chance to win a trip for two to the Star Wars Celebration in California next year.

Check out www.facebook.com/StarWars.AUNZ for more details on how to win and to purchase tickets.
Facebook doesn't work properly on my old computer, so I can't check the details, but some of you costuming nutt... err, "enthusiasts" ;) may want to check into it to see how to be eligible to enter the competition to win a trip to the Californian Star Wars Celebration.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

It's a voting system. Sigh so if you have a huge following to tap in to you have a shot otherwise.. well I'm not spending four hours painting myself for a photo ;)