Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by fredstar »

Whats better than watching Star Wars?, watching it on the BIG SCREEN!!!

That's right, the Star Wars saga is back in cinema's coming this May 3rd - 4th and Event Cinemas.

Oh happy day!

:D

http://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/movie/Sta ... on-Eps-1-3

http://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/movie/Sta ... on-Eps-4-6

No session times yet but hopefully soon :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by Buzz Bumble »

That's a weekend ... who in their right mind goes to the cinema on a crowded, noisy weekend?!? :( I'd rather go during the much quieter weekday mid-morning or early afternoon timeslot.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

hmmm wouldn't mind going to see the OT on the big screen
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Yep. Pretty keen to make the OT's.

And celebrating with a large noisey cinema full of fans is part of the point Buzz ;)

Sounds like great times!!!
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Buzz Bumble wrote:That's a weekend ... who in their right mind goes to the cinema on a crowded, noisy weekend?!? :( I'd rather go during the much quieter weekday mid-morning or early afternoon timeslot.
You don't get out much do you Buzz ;)
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Bazzack wrote:Yep. Pretty keen to make the OT's.

And celebrating with a large noisey cinema full of fans is part of the point Buzz ;)

Sounds like great times!!!
yeah buddy!

Brings me back to 1997 again lolz

[youtube]B8y8tzhiZx4[/youtube]
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

oota goota wrote:hmmm wouldn't mind going to see the OT on the big screen
Well ... the OT-SESE versions anyway (Super Extended Special Edition). ;)

Bazzack wrote:And celebrating with a large noisey cinema full of fans is part of the point Buzz ;)
If I'm paying the over-bloated cinema ticket price, then I want to be able to actually hear and see the movie properly. The last movie I went to see in a cinema only had about three other people there. :)

fredstar wrote:You don't get out much do you Buzz ;)
I go out plenty ... during the normal work weekdays when it's quieter and queues are shorter. One of the bonuses of being self-employed. :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I sympathise Buzz, but for selfish reasons I'm also very pleased this is on the weekend or else there's no way my kids and I could attend. You can number us among the masses that you deplore sharing the cinema with! ;) Joking aside, I have been lucky in my movie experiences here in Wellington. While the noisy, irritating audiences may be a fact of life in the suburban multi-plexes, audiences here seem to all be pretty respectful at the boutique cinemas where we usually go to watch films, for which I am most thankful.

My daughters and I are very keen to do the OT Sunday marathon, especially since it will be screening in the mighty Embassy theatre, the biggest screen in Wellington. For my youngest it will be her first cinema SW experience, and my oldest has only the 3D TPM under her belt which was in a tiny cinema anyhow, so for both it should be pretty awe-inspiring when that Star Destroyer rolls overhead for the first time on the hge screen and with full sound blasting at us. I will be curious whether they make it all the way through - that's a long day. If we have to bail at some point then so be it.

Cost and times are now the big unknowns. I am hoping that attendance isn't literallty the cost of three regular movie tickets and is discounted in some way, because that would kill me. I'd love to do this, but not if it is going to cost us the better part of $100. An intermission between each film would also be very welcome. We'll see what Event has planned for us in a couple of days when tickets go up for sale anyhow.
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It might be possible to watch the three movies at different sessions - watch the first one, go away for lunch, watch the second one, go away for dinner, then watch the last of the three. Although that may well cost even more.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Eight-hundred and forty minutes of big-screen Star Wars saturation over two days. Wouldn't miss it!