Auckland Armageddon 2013

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Auckland Armageddon 2013

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:Awesome. I missed that appearance in person...good to see it was recorded.
Is Hads New Zealand's first 501st zombie trooper I wonder?
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Nah, I think Cen did it a year or two back, but I could be wrong... either way, it is awesome!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Reverend Strone wrote:Wow Matt and Kristy, Juliet is so tall now!
Agreed!

I remember when she was just a toddler wandering 'round as a Jedi!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
Reverend Strone wrote:Wow Matt and Kristy, Juliet is so tall now!
Agreed!

I remember when she was just a toddler wandering 'round as a Jedi!
She wore my jedi knight costume this weekend (being slightly taller than me now) - she's been costuming for nearly 9 years :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

oota goota wrote:One more pic. Hads unexpectedly caught a zombie virus and attacked us at our table :?
Haha... Thanks for posting the photo Jon!

That was a secret project I was working on over the last week - Ill be posting the build soon.

I only wore it a few times over the weekend closer to the end of each day so as not to detract from the fund raising efforts - I wanted to make the helmet for a bit of fun and for my own collection but I am going to look at getting another chest plate to heighten the zombie look.

At this stage Im not looking at going for a full Death Trooper as I wont be getting another set of armour anytime soon just to get 501st clearance, more of an alternative look to change it out - although acquiring another set of armour for a Death Trooper piece by piece could work for me :)

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

thehiflyer wrote:
oota goota wrote:One more pic. Hads unexpectedly caught a zombie virus and attacked us at our table :?
Haha... Thanks for posting the photo Jon!

That was a secret project I was working on over the last week - Ill be posting the build soon.

I only wore it a few times over the weekend closer to the end of each day so as not to detract from the fund raising efforts - I wanted to make the helmet for a bit of fun and for my own collection but I am going to look at getting another chest plate to heighten the zombie look.

At this stage Im not looking at going for a full Death Trooper as I wont be getting another set of armour anytime soon just to get 501st clearance, more of an alternative look to change it out - although acquiring another set of armour for a Death Trooper piece by piece could work for me :)

Cheers
Hads

Sweet bro it looked awesome. I might have some more seconds knocking around, perfect for the death trooper. Fake blood is always a good way to go, you can always clean it off your armour later?
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HanSagan »

There was a Chewbacca?
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

HanSagan wrote:There was a Chewbacca?
A fan with what may have been a Rubies Chewbacca costume, I didn't see it in person to get a better look - pic
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

When I was at C6 I was told we had a Chewie in NZ but no one knew who he was, it might be him. To the facebook and the google?

I was a different space knight and for only a few hours (Commander Shepard in modified Blood Dragon, with M98 Black Widow-50" rifle goodness and space hamspter, then a turian for even less time) and lurking in my nice cool air conditioned stage 3 (most certainly set to return unless things go totally pear shaped)... come to the dark side we have air con... But it was great to see how well attended the Star Wars stuff was :)

The exhibition hall though had me imitating an internet meme (nopenopenopenopenope) so well done everyone who braved it!
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

I saw a guy getting into a Wookiee costume in the car park on the way in on Saturday - looked like a very excited Chewie fan :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE