Celebration 2015 (aka Celebration Anaheim, aka C-VII )

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Celebration 2015 (aka Celebration Anaheim, aka C-VII )

Post by r2d2 »

Will be there in ten days times, landing on the 15th, super excited now! I'm staying at Hoilday Inn Hotel & Suites Inn, Anaheim.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

It's exciting times!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

If anyone is interested in participating in, or photographing, the group photos, note that the All Star Wars Costumers photo time has changed. It is now Thursday, April 16th, 2015 at 1PM. The Rebel Legion photo time-slot has been fine-tuned by half-an-hour too.

Thursday
All Costume Group Photo, Thursday, April 16th, 2015 at 1PM. (Details).

Friday:
Rebel Legion photo, 8:30am, by the fountain (in front of the main entry to the Celebration Hall).

Saturday:
501st Legion Group photo, 3:15-3:30pm, stairs on the roof area. Accessible via Escalator (recommended) or elevators from the main lobby.
MattG wrote:For those 501st/Rebel Legion members interested in participating in the group photos, or for non-members who want to get some interesting photos, the major costume group photos times have all been locked in. They are worth coming along to, IMHO, to just see the mass of hundreds of related costumes all in one place.

For more details, check the Anaheim section of your club forums, or for the All Costumers photo, a post has been made public on FB:

Friday:
Rebel Legion photo, 9am, by the fountain (in front of the main entry to the Celebration Hall).
All Costumers Group Photo, 9am, by the fountain (I believe this is open to non-club costumers too).

Saturday:
501st Legion Group photo, 2pm, stairs on the roof area. Accessible via Escalator (recommended) or elevators from the main lobby.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Choice, a teaser poster and a trailer!

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/04/star- ... n-anaheim/
Kmannzl
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Kmannzl »

Exciting times. Everyone's posts on this topic are very helpful. I fly out with my bride to be on Friday morning via Sydney, landing early Friday morning California time.

What will be the best/easiest way to meet up with all you interesting, like minded people once we get there?

I like the earlier mentioned idea of the breakfast at Disney on the Monday afterwards, but I'd also like to make the most of everyone's previous experiences of these occasions by meeting up with someone before the event. This will help ensure that we can make the most of this awesome opportunity to visit a Celebration event.

We are complete newbies at this. Any and all advice is welcomed.
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by r2d2 »

Have just purchased my 4 day Star Wars Celebration tickets, take about leaving things to the last minute.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Kmannzl wrote:...but I'd also like to make the most of everyone's previous experiences of these occasions by meeting up with someone before the event.
I agree, it'd be cool to meet up with everyone on Wednesday afternoon, so let's see if we can make it happen.
r2d2 wrote:Have just purchased my 4 day Star Wars Celebration tickets, take about leaving things to the last minute.
Yeow!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
Kmannzl wrote:...but I'd also like to make the most of everyone's previous experiences of these occasions by meeting up with someone before the event.
I agree, it'd be cool to meet up with everyone on Wednesday afternoon, so let's see if we can make it happen. ...
Okay, here's a proposal to see if we can lock this in. How about the following:

SWNZ Celebration Anaheim meet-up.
Marriott lobby, 700 West Convention Way.
5:30pm, Wednesday 15th April.

From there, we can get a group photo (inside or outside, I'll scout locations in advance), and optionally grab a drink or something at the hotel lobby bar ( http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-in ... -marriott/ ). I have proposed the Marriott as a meeting point, as the majority of kiwi attendees seem to be staying there.

Anyone who hasn't met me/us yet (or if you don't have my contact details), send me a PM and I'll let you know my mobile phone number, which can be used to track us down. I'll also be traveling with a laptop and will be online one way or another most of time. Partners/families welcome, of course :)

Post in this thread if you are interested, and that way we'll know who's keen and will make sure we wait for you.

Attending meet-up:
Matt (MattG), Kristy (Anaria), + Juliet
Callum (Harvey Mushman)
Robert S
Phil (Tarragon), + Talitha
Kerry (Kmannzl), Mary
Freddy (Fredstar)
Robo (Rob)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Further updates: if anyone is interested in participating in, or photographing, the group photos, note that the All Star Wars Costumers photo time has changed. It is now Thursday, April 16th, 2015 at 1PM. The Rebel Legion photo time-slot has been fine-tuned by half-an-hour too.

Thursday
All Costume Group Photo, Thursday, April 16th, 2015 at 1PM. (Details).

Friday:
Rebel Legion photo, 8:30am, by the fountain (in front of the main entry to the Celebration Hall).

Saturday:
501st Legion Group photo, 3:15-3:30pm, stairs on the roof area. Accessible via Escalator (recommended) or elevators from the main lobby.
MattG wrote:For those 501st/Rebel Legion members interested in participating in the group photos, or for non-members who want to get some interesting photos, the major costume group photos times have all been locked in. They are worth coming along to, IMHO, to just see the mass of hundreds of related costumes all in one place.

For more details, check the Anaheim section of your club forums, or for the All Costumers photo, a post has been made public on FB:

Friday:
Rebel Legion photo, 9am, by the fountain (in front of the main entry to the Celebration Hall).
All Costumers Group Photo, 9am, by the fountain (I believe this is open to non-club costumers too).

Saturday:
501st Legion Group photo, 2pm, stairs on the roof area. Accessible via Escalator (recommended) or elevators from the main lobby.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

MattG wrote:Okay, here's a proposal to see if we can lock this in. How about the following:

SWNZ Celebration Anaheim meet-up.
Marriott lobby, 700 West Convention Way.
5:30pm, Wednesday 15th April.

From there, we can get a group photo (inside or outside, I'll scout locations in advance), and optionally grab a drink or something at the hotel lobby bar ( http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-in ... -marriott/ ). I have proposed the Marriott as a meeting point, as the majority of kiwi attendees seem to be staying there.

Anyone who hasn't met me/us yet (or if you don't have my contact details), send me a PM and I'll let you know my mobile phone number, which can be used to track us down. I'll also be traveling with a laptop and will be online one way or another most of time. Partners/families welcome, of course :)

Post in this thread if you are interested, and that way we'll know who's keen and will make sure we wait for you.

Attending meet-up:
Matt (MattG), Kristy (Anaria), + Juliet
Legend!

Count me in, as well Phil, Toots and Rob S.

(I can safely speak for all since we had planned something similar.)