New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Re: New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by Dawfydd »

Any word if we'll get the hover tank in NZ?
I'd really like to pickup a pair, but i've heard nothing since hasbro showed some pictures off, I think i'll be abit happier buying the rogue one figures in 3.75 but if anyone see's them for cheap do post about it!
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Dawfydd wrote:Any word if we'll get the hover tank in NZ?
No word yet - though there are others on these boards who have better inside information on these things. We did, however, seem to get every Vintage Collection vehicle (excluding exclusives) in the original run, so that bodes well.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Boy-oh-boy do exclusives break my heart...

(More details here.)
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

As someone who doesn’t follow the comics and thinks the idea of goofy evil versions of R2 and 3PO is rote, I can’t say that this set appeals to me, but it seems to have been a hit from the overwhelmingly positive reactions of collectors I have seen discussing it online. They look like beautiful figures and they are presented well in this Vintage-styled packaging, so it should be a popular one for Hasbro. It was a good idea to do these. To be honest, I am kinda breathing a sigh of relief that it isn’t something I feel compelled to try and obtain. That said, the wording in the announcement suggests that there will be other avenues for collectors who can’t make it to SDCC or spare the hours and muck-around required to obtain at the show. Hopefully everyone gets a reasonable shot at them.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Archon Revuge wrote:Boy-oh-boy do exclusives break my heart...

(More details here.)
Link seems to head just to the picture hehe but i can pick out the yakface link and have a look around, seems like a cool pack i wasn't planning on getting her she isn't a character that interests me but this pack if i can get it for $60nzd or under without too much shipping i might try to grab but i wont be worried if i miss out, I hope hasbro considers doing this for future contest winners it'd be nice to see some EU characters get included as part of a 3 pack rather than one release at a time, though i hate the exclusive crap.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:As someone who doesn’t follow the comics and thinks the idea of goofy evil versions of R2 and 3PO is rote...
I can totally understand that position - the concept got off to a clunky start. But the character of Aphra was enough to keep me reading, and the droids' arc has since got a lot more interesting. In many ways, they form an interesting counterpart to L3's quest in Solo - they're droids who are very much after the same thing, but choose a whole other (much darker) route to achieve it.
Reverend Strone wrote:...the wording in the announcement suggests that there will be other avenues for collectors who can’t make it to SDCC or spare the hours and muck-around required to obtain at the show. Hopefully everyone gets a reasonable shot at them.
Indeed! I'd initially missed that info: "Limited quantities of this item will be available at select conventions and select online retailers after the convention in the relevant market (including HasbroToyShop.com where available)".
Dawfydd wrote:Link seems to head just to the picture hehe...
Fixed! Thanks for the heads up, buddy :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Archon Revuge wrote:I can totally understand that position - the concept got off to a clunky start. But the character of Aphra was enough to keep me reading, and the droids' arc has since got a lot more interesting. In many ways, they form an interesting counterpart to L3's quest in Solo - they're droids who are very much after the same thing, but choose a whole other (much darker) route to achieve it.
I have no real issue with Aphra, but with the droids I get stuck at the concept, so I am content to let this expression of the franchise be for someone else. The comics have seldom ever really grabbed me, even back in the pre-Legends days. Somehow they almost never quite seem to have the same feeling to them as the movies and tv shows, too often sliding into other genres, or importing stuff from other properties that doesn't feel SW to me. And that's fine. It doesn't all have to be for me. Happy to stick to the movies and tv shows for my SW kick. :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:It doesn't all have to be for me.
After everything that's been going on in the online Star Wars fandom these last few months, it's little off-the-cuff comments like this that make me enormously proud of the community we have on this site.

That's really the great thing about this universe, isn't it? We're all free to pick and choose the bits we love, and ignore the portions we don't. Star Wars should be something for everyone, not everything for someone.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Well said!
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Archon Revuge wrote:
Reverend Strone wrote:It doesn't all have to be for me.
After everything that's been going on in the online Star Wars fandom these last few months, it's little off-the-cuff comments like this that make me enormously proud of the community we have on this site.

That's really the great thing about this universe, isn't it? We're all free to pick and choose the bits we love, and ignore the portions we don't. Star Wars should be something for everyone, not everything for someone.
Yeah its true no matter what happens from this point on nothing will take away from the parts we already enjoy and having an open mind about the new stuff it could always surprise you, Though i'm openly not a very big fan of the new stuff, live and let live is the best way to go, In my mind the Books are how the storyline plays out no matter what happens anyway and though i like the Mandalorian Republic commando books, i can still enjoy TCW even though it doesn't support material that came before, But i think in "These days" where everything is being rebooted you really have to pick what you enjoy and not let what else might happen bother you as there isn't much of a chance you'll change anything by being upset.

But we have some good signs Hasbro will keep making figures from the EU and other places, and while they could certainly get better (very easily!) my main wish is they'd sort out what to release when films/tv shows came out, Both Rebels and TCW the amount of figures while the series was airring was shockingly low, meanwhile we'll get main character reissues every second film.

./ranty lol
I just really want to see more new 3.75 figures on shelves! and for Hasbro to finally release Ezra/Zeb/Chopper in 6 inch, UGH!
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)