Hasbro 'boring' backing cards

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Hasbro 'boring' backing cards

Post by AaroKin »

I'm not sure if it's a cost cutting measure or not but to me the latest waves of Hasbro backing cards are just so uninteresting and not appealing at all.

The Force Awakens figures had a really cool backing card which looked like someone had put a lot of effort and design into them but the releases for TLJ and Solo are just so bland and unappealing. I know this won't bother 'out of box' collectors but I like displaying figures in interesting, film related packaging......something I haven't seen in along time.

I really liked the 'Galaxy of Adventure' figures released for TROS just because the packaging was different from the plain white I've been seeing on the shelves.

Initially I was really excited to get newer figures in the vintage style backing cards but now even that is growing stale with me. I know a lot of negative comments regarding the Disney movies is that they take to much from the Lucas films and it looks like Hasbro is falling into the same trap with the vintage collection.

With declining sales hitting the Hasbro Star Wars line I'd think they'd be doing all they could to make the packaging as appealing as they could instead of rolling out the same boring layout.

Just my two cents lol
Attachments
images (3).jpeg
images (1).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
images.jpeg
224906202.jpeg
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Hasbro 'boring' backing cards

Post by AaroKin »

I'm so gutted Hasbro has cancelled the 5POA 3.75" action figures and are only producing TVC and Retro figures. I'll miss the different cardbacks

It's really going up slow down my 3.75" figure collecting. I'll still pick up bits and pieces from TVC but as no where near as many as I used to. I'm looking forward to seeing what figures pop up in the retro collection, that's really all I'll focus on.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards