AMT Ertl Tie Fighters

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

AMT Ertl Tie Fighters

Post by Neova »

Hey guys and girls,
I just bought the 1997 release of the AMT Tie Fighter twin pack model. Pictured below:

I just want a bit of advice on which paint to use for the main hull, the bluish grey. I know its been covered before over on the RPF, but I'm after a bit of local knowledge. My local hobby shop only stocks Tamiya and Humbrol paint I think, so thats pretty much what I'm limited to, if anyone knows which of those paints suits.
I don't mind mixing paints together either to get just the right colour.

Thanks heaps everyone!

Will
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AMT Ertl Tie Fighters

Post by MattG »

Good question. I'd love to see how this kit turns out for you.

You should sent a message to eagle1 ... I'd wager that he knows something about painting TIE Fighters.
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

Thanks Matt, yeah I was hoping Stu might be able to help, especially since we're in the same area.
I've already gotten stuck into this project, so I'll post up some progress pics of the cockpit etc probably tonight.

Will
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

If you're looking for Tamiya, someone on the RPF did just very recently (in the last day or so) mention Tamiya Haze Gray TS-32 (RPF thread).
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

Thanks Matt, I did see that thread not long after it was posted. It's quite helpful. I'm going back to my hobby shop this weekend to compare some colours.
In the meantime I'll get the cockpit sorted.
Cheers

Will

*EDIT* I've settled on Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey, as that seems to be the colour most people are happy with :cool: