Star Wars Adidas products

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Star Wars Adidas products

Post by AaronDB94 »

I just looked through the 2011 Adidas SW Gear and I'm sorry to say but I think that 99.99% of it is truely horrible!! I know a lot of people like to collect anything with the image of their chosen genre (be it film, toy, music etc) on it but to me it has to at least have some sort of link to what drew you to the idea in the first place and this adidas gear has no real association with SW. :no:
I have refered to myself as a bit of a SW snob from time to time and know that when I see one of those trendy (well they think they are any way) 'hip-hop' guy's walking down Queen St with his Boba Fett/Rasta shirt on I'm going to cringe and have to look away!!....To me that's just not Star Wars.

P.S.
.....not to say that I dislike all the SW Adidas gear because I did actually buy the ESB T-Shirt as soon as I saw it haha.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I totally agree with you... this stuff is ugly.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

The 2010 gear was much better than this because that had a lot of gear that was real cool but the 2011 collection is full of stuff that has to fall into the catagory of 'What the heck were they thinking'!!

The Boba Fett/rasta shirts have to be the worst of them all!!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

AaronDB94 wrote:I have refered to myself as a bit of a SW snob from time to time and know that when I see one of those trendy (well they think they are any way) 'hip-hop' guy's walking down Queen St with his Boba Fett/Rasta shirt on I'm going to cringe and have to look away!
I know the feeling. There are certainly a lot of the 'hip' Star Wars fashion wearers on my campus. You try to strike up a conversation with them (assuming them to be fans) and all you get are puzzled looks... "Han who?"... "Wampa what?"
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Archon Revuge wrote:
AaronDB94 wrote: I know the feeling. There are certainly a lot of the 'hip' Star Wars fashion wearers on my campus. You try to strike up a conversation with them (assuming them to be fans) and all you get are puzzled looks... "Han who?"... "Wampa what?"
I've noticed that when I'm looking at figures (mostly at Farmers) that if a guy around my age is looking at the same shelf a good Star Wars chat usually starts up but when I've gone into Foot Locker to look at the SW Adidas gear that's never happened...they just look at me like I'm old hahaha
barca_chi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by barca_chi »

got this on Febuary...