New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Quinn81
Ensign
Ensign

Re: New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by Quinn81 »

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I didn't think we'd still be seeing new TFA products from Hasbro, but the SDCC reveals begin with this Rathtar set.
Attachments
rathtar.png
rathtar.png (7.2 MiB) Viewed 8729 times
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

the "vehicle" or monster+figure set looks pretty good, perhaps the saving grace of that line could be cheaper monsters? or weird aliens which don't need every joint to move.

I haven't seen anything new news wise on the vintage collections rebirth but it is "next year-ish"

New Zealand seems to have skipped over the last wave of 6 inch figures as well, i haven't heard anyone able to find a Qui-gon or royal guard, but the new hera/thrawn figures look great while i've had my doubts about this line and they have somewhat been proven there are some really good figures made in 6 inch that even a almost 4inch only collector just has to get.

Though from the times i've seen the tie fighter 6inch vehicle on sale i don't think we'll be seeing another big vehicle anytime soon its a shame they didn't go with the X-wing first it would've sold much better which would've made them think that other vehicles would sell, we'd still have clearance tie fighters but maybe we would've seen something else, like the k-wing tie striker or similar.

Anyway if you haven't seen it, feast your eyes ; http://www.rebelscum.com/2017-San-Diego ... -Wars-Wed/
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Agreed. The 6" offerings on display are beautiful, but they make my heart ache for when we used to see this kind of energy applied to 3.75", the scale in which I am already far to invested to ever switch. Now the 3.75" stuff seems like an afterthought. :( Hasbro has said they plan to change things up in 2018. We'll see. I hope we get some inkling of what that might look like at their SDCC panel this weekend, but I suspect the focus will be 6" again so I am trying to keep expectations in check. It may well be too early to reveal exactly what their 2018 plans are, especially with movie secrecy overlaid.

The 3.75" Rathtar is nice enough, though I can't say I was particularly eager for that one. I'd sooner have a Luggabeast, personally. Perhaps if the Rathtar does alright we might yet see one?
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Reverend Strone wrote:Agreed. The 6" offerings on display are beautiful, but they make my heart ache for when we used to see this kind of energy applied to 3.75", the scale in which I am already far to invested to ever switch. Now the 3.75" stuff seems like an afterthought. :( Hasbro has said they plan to change things up in 2018. We'll see. I hope we get some inkling of what that might look like at their SDCC panel this weekend, but I suspect the focus will be 6" again so I am trying to keep expectations in check.
Wow, never been so pleased to be so wrong! :D

Hasbro reveals awesome plans for 2018's 3.75" Vintage line.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I was just on my way over to say, the Dewback in 6 inch shows they might have another vehicle in them.

And your links have way more details than mine, great news i'm really glad they are re-releasing the older figures they had on exclusive this time around i can get them without the huge shipping cost, though due to knock offs, i already have some extra first order troopers, i imagine we'll have to be careful buying loose from ebay from now on, they have learnt to make fairly good knock offs.

did i remember wrong that Jaina in her black flightsuit would be both 4 and 6 inch? maybe they are delaying her for another wave since Aphra is in the very first wave i'll be getting the 6 inch version anyway.. but i do need more jedi on my "good guy" shelf.

and Damn, rex looks a lot better than the vintage one did, not great but i kind of wish i had a cody now.. maybe if he had a removable helmet.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Dawfydd wrote:did i remember wrong that Jaina in her black flightsuit would be both 4 and 6 inch? maybe they are delaying her for another wave since Aphra is in the very first wave i'll be getting the 6 inch version anyway.. but i do need more jedi on my "good guy" shelf.
That would be news to me. I try to stay across the news on anything 3.75" and hadn't heard that, but maybe I missed something?
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Reverend Strone wrote:
Dawfydd wrote:did i remember wrong that Jaina in her black flightsuit would be both 4 and 6 inch? maybe they are delaying her for another wave since Aphra is in the very first wave i'll be getting the 6 inch version anyway.. but i do need more jedi on my "good guy" shelf.
That would be news to me. I try to stay across the news on anything 3.75" and hadn't heard that, but maybe I missed something?
Maybe i had just mis-read something about 3.75 at the same time jaina's results came out but we were hearing how the 3.75 might be coming back but nothing official yet i don't think, i can't seem to find anything to confirm it though so maybe i'm just crazy but i'm grabbing the 6 inch anyway!
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, with the ballot-stuffing shenanigans that went on resulting in Jaina winning the fan poll, we could have ended up with a figure that really, nobody wanted, but I think Hasbro did a great job of making her into a very appealing toy that should have broad appeal, even for folks who didn't vote for her or even know who she is. Her similarity in look to Battlefront II's Iden Versio is also likely to help the figure's sales, I would suspect.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Reverend Strone wrote:Yeah, with the ballot-stuffing shenanigans that went on resulting in Jaina winning the fan poll, we could have ended up with a figure that really, nobody wanted, but I think Hasbro did a great job of making her into a very appealing toy that should have broad appeal, even for folks who didn't vote for her or even know who she is. Her similarity in look to Battlefront II's Iden Versio is also likely to help the figure's sales, I would suspect.
I am very suspect of that happening tbh, they say the EU fans try to rig the polls, but when they fight agasint the EU by voiding the votes for i think it was a skywalker from the EU? this time around, its still shown nobody but the small percentage of completionists want Yakface or other figures that would be peg warmers.

There is still much more love for the EU than there currently is for the Disney continued universe, maybe the next film will change that depends if they rip off the scirpt of empire or not i guess haha.
Hasbro long ago should've made a couple of exclusive mutlipacks with the EU skywalker family back when they made Jaina and Jacen in legacy, as it is the 6 inch Jaina looks really good but is mismatched in the 6 inch wave since the votes seem to be going back to 4 inch, in which case she is likely to be the only EU character until they run out of standard characters to make (and they might just cancel the line before making EU waves)

I think Hasbro's only choice with some of these lesser but dogmaticly wanted figures like Yakface is to make them Hasbro store exclusive in small number and have people put an order in before they make them, then only produce a handful more than what was pre-ordered and go through the list of voted characters who are likely to stay pegwarmers.

figures like Arc trooper fives, Krell (The four armed jedi) and That Mandalorian chick who's name i can't recall are all figures who look cool and would sell based on "that looks cool" factor.

Arpha this time around is a decent choice she's popular because of the comic series and a female character which ticks two boxes, I hope she sells well enough so they don't think female characters don't sell again so despite the fact i don't really like the character i will be buying one.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)