Recent comic releases (Dark Horse)

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Recent comic releases (Dark Horse)

Post by MattG »

Is anybody reading the current comic series? I'm a bit out of touch with some of the most recent series, but some of them seem to be worth grabbing (am tending to wait until they come out as TPBs these days).

Darth Vader and the Lost Command looks like it involves a pretty important part of the continuity...has anybody read it?

Am probably going to have to keep an eye out for Crimson Empire III too, I guess.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Recent comic releases (Dark Horse)

Post by oota goota »

I'm still reading the empire and rebellion series, some really good materials there
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I haven't been following the comics at all (I missed the early ones and it's too expensive to try and back track them all now), but some of them do get converted into novelisations ... you obviously don't get the great artwork though.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I do have some pretty big piles of comics in storage (was getting them without gaps for most of Dark Horse's history), but kinda drifted away about around the time Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic started.

Something I have just found that is interesting...I'd previously installed the Dark Horse comic reader on an iPad, and downloaded a few free issues that were available, but didn't get into it enough to realise that the account and library associated with it could be accessed on multiple devices including via web browser. It turns out that the web browser is quite a good tool (IMHO) for reading comics...it doesn't just page between JPEG images (which CBR/CBZ-based comic readers basically do), but moves between points-of-focus on the page, with different transitions etc. The pricing for digital comics is pretty good...there are plenty of 4 or 6 issue bundles for US$7-8, for instance (as well as lots of free issues, usually the first issue in a series).

For anyone into comics, I'd recommend taking a look at http://digital.darkhorse.com , and accessing some of their free issues.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

I just read the first trade paperback of Knight Errant (compiling parts 0 - 5 of the series). It wasn't bad - and I suppose it's an excellent primer for anybody about to play the Old Republic game.

Cost is the main thing which keeps me from reading as many Star Wars comics as I'd like to. They're just so expensive here compared to what they retail for in the US. Fortunately the Wellington City Library sporadically purchases trade paperback and omnibus editions, so that's a fairly good way to keep up with some of the latest releases.

I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars: Tales series, though I've missed most of the Empire, Rebellion, and Legacy releases. I hope to catch up on those soon though.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool; I didn't realise 'Knight Errant' was related to the 'Old Republic' timeline/story.
xacuta
Ensign
Ensign

Post by xacuta »

I get my Dark Horse Star Wars Comics through MK1 (Mark One Comics) in Hamilton.

Great prices and Free Delivery with in New Zealand :)

www.mk1.co.nz