1983 ROTJ - Book of the movie novel

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

1983 ROTJ - Book of the movie novel

Post by AaronDB94 »

At the Orewa market day today I found a copy of the 1983 novelization of ROTJ which set me back a massive $4. It's in near mint condition with no rips or pages missing....I used to have a copy but it didn't have all the colour pictures from the movie in it but this one has all eight pages.

I have seen heaps of copies of SW but this is the first mint copy of ROTJ and I have NEVER seen the original novelization of the ESB?? Does anyone have a copy
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: 1983 ROTJ - Book of the movie novel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Yep, I've managed to come across copies of the original novelisations of all three films, as well as the 'Young Readers' Edition' and Marvel graphic novel version of TESB.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Yep, amoung my hundreds of Star Wars books I've got the original novelisations (with photo pages) for all three of the Original Trilogy ... although there are multiple versions of each around. I've also got the updated novelisations (new covers, no photo pages), a three-in-one version, and the Marvel Comics Empire Strikes Back book. :)

There have also been other releases of the Oiringal Trilogy novelisations, but I couldn't see much point in owning lots of copies of the same thing with just a different cover design.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

I purchased the original trilogy version when I first saw it as well but always seem to find myself buying another copy of SW/ROTJ if the cover is a bit different haha.
I always look for a copy of ESB when I go into second hand book shops but as yet I haven't been able to find a original copy...the earlist I've seen is one printed in the early 90's.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

AaronDB94 wrote:I always look for a copy of ESB when I go into second hand book shops but as yet I haven't been able to find a original copy...the earlist I've seen is one printed in the early 90's.
Arty Bees Bookstore in Wellington had one sitting on the shelf not long ago. I'll check to see if it's still in-store. I'd more than happy to pick it up for you if you're interested :)
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Mate that would be absolutly fantastic....I would be over the moon!

Cheers for that
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Not a problem mate :) Do you have a top price in mind? Most of their paperbacks are usually around the $10-$15 mark.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

There's about three (or more) different covers for the original "Star Wars" novelisation - the original-original release(s) don't have the photo pages because they were released before the movie. Then of course there are hardback versions too.

Even these days you can get at least two different cover designs on the same book when it has been printed in the USA and in the UK. Depending on how "completist" you are, even books with the same cover design can have different publisher logos when printined in different countries - for the current Expanded Universe books, the American versions are usually Del Rey while the UK versions are Arrow.

On Auckland's North Shore, there's a second-hand bookstore in Takapuna (down one of the side shopping arcades on the opposite side of the road from you $2 Plus store) and there's a second-hand bookstore in Devonport that is curently having a closing down sale (50% off if I remeber correctly).

Then there are various Op Shops, Hospice Shops and garage sale, as well as a few NZ auction websites. There's also usually at least two big second-hand book sales during the year ... although trawling through the millions of books they have is rather tidious.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

$10-15 will be fine but if it's a little bit more that's OK to...Thanks again for that.

I have seen a copy of ROTJ which was published in the late 80's with a cast picture on the cover (Battle for Endor) I haven't seen that one again...I don't go out of my way to collect books but if a different cover catches my eye I usually pick it up.