Books: Latest Finds / Store Reports

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Books: Latest Finds / Store Reports

Post by Buzz Bumble »

The Mighty Ape webstore is having a Sci-fi & Fantasy Book Sale on selected titles (most are just "1 left in stock" though, so hurry!) until Tuesday, 12 April and it includes these Star Wars books:
  • Star Wars: Omen (Fate of the Jedi), Hardback by Christie Golden. Was $59.99, now $45.99 - 1 left in stock. More details
  • Star Wars: Abyss (Fate of the Jedi), Hardback by Troy Denning. Was $59.99, now $43.99 - 1 left in stock. More details
  • LEGO Star Wars: Ultimate Sticker Collection, Paperback by DK Publishing. Was $25.00, now $15.99 - In stock. More details
  • Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Photo Comic, Paperback by various. Was $17.99, now $14.99 - 1 left in stock. More details
  • Star Wars: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Paperback by Matthew Stover. Was $25.99, now $18.99 - 1 left in stock. More details
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

A few new finds at Dymocks in Newmarket (Auckland), but I didn't have any pen and paper, so couldn't get all the prices. :( In the Science Fiction / Fantasy section there are ...
  • Star Wars: Knight Errant by John Jackson Miller (paperback, $27). About six copies.
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars - Stealth Gambit by Karen Miller(paperback, $27). About six copies.
Plus in the children's section ...
  • Lego Star Wars Brickmaster - book plus Lego bricks and MiniFigs, two copies.
  • Star Wars Head to Head - paperback, one copy. It's apparenetly the second of these books and it loks a little like the battle game card stats that came some figures, but these are for multiple characters.
  • Clone Wars Little Library ($13) - just one copy and the pack was sealed, but I have some details on a release list: it's a Ladybird set (i.e. for really young kids) which contains six tiny board books and the covers fit together to make a small poster.
  • Millennium Falcon 3D Owners Guide (hardback, $36) - a great looking book with board pages that each show a different cut-out level plan of the Falcon, but like the Dorling Kindersley books it's short on detail. The pages stack to make a complete Falcon and as you read through the pages you go deeper through the Falcon's levels.
:)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

When you go into Dymocks, they have got Mother's Day junk mail brochures sitting on the counter, and inside that is a $10 off coupon when you spend more than $30 ... so you can actually get the Falcon 3D Owners Guide for only $26. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Not a Star Wars book, but Whitcoulls in the Westfield Albany (Auckland) shopping centre have some of the Indianna Jones Trilogy paperback books priced at $5 each ... in fact they're on the "Buy One Get One Free" table, so you could gte two copies for $5 or choose another book from the table for free. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Another one for those in Auckland. I don't know if there will be any Star Wars books, but Random House are the publisher / distributor for them - although the sale is probably just older stock they want to get rid of ...
Random House Incredible Book Sale

All proceeds go to the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal.

Bargain Books - a large selection from only $2.
Fiction, non-fiction, children's, gardening, cookbooks, self-help, art books ... and more.

9:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday, 21 May

Random House NZ, 18 Poland Road, Wairau Valley, North Shore, Auckland

Cash or EFTPOS (no credit cards)
Please bring your own bags or boxes
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Another one for those in Auckland. I don't know if there will be any Star Wars books, but Random House are the publisher / distributor for them - although the sale is probably just older stock they want to get rid of ...
This was actually really worth while; thanks for the notification. We picked up a pile of books, including the following for $4-5 each.
Attachments
DSC00886.jpg
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It was advertised in the local North Shore Times. I didn't get to there, but it was probably busy.

Looks like that's one of the misprinted Path of Destruction novels. Like my copy, it's missing some of the white printing on the spine and cover - there's a fancy box on both where it should say "Darth Bane", and the spine is missing the author's name, but peculiarly that does appear on the cover.

The Indiana Jones book is good, but only contains the first three movies. If you want the set of movie novels, you'll need to get The Crystal Skull novel separately, which I have seen in the bargain sale boxes at a couple of Whitcoulls and PaperPlus branches. It's difficult to get a complete set of Indiana Jones novels though as most are long out of print. :(
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

In today's travels I found a new paperback at the Glenfield PaperPlus (Auckland) - they only had the one copy which I bought, but it should be available / orderable from other "good book stores".

Fate of the Jedi #2: Omen
by Christie Golden
276 pages plus 15 page excerpt from Fate of the Jedi #3: Abyss
$27.99. ISBN: 978-0-099-54272-8

Thanks to the rather silly way they publish these series, the excerpt of FotJ #2: Abyss is a bit pointless since that book was already released as a paperback a few months ago, but (as far as I know) we're still waiting for FotJ #1: Outcast. :roll:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Dymocks in Newmarket (Auckland) have got a few new books ...

Fate of the Jedi #4: Backlash (paperback, 3 copies)
by Aaron Allston
$27, ISBN: 978-0-099-54274-2
354 pages, plus 13 page excerpt from Fate of the Jedi #6: Vortex

Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo (1 copy)
Dorling Kindersley Kids' DK Reader (Level 2)
$13, ISBN: 978-1-405-35103-4
32 pages

Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia (1 copy)
Dorling Kindersley
$30, ISBN: 978-1-405-36378-5
208 pages

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Ultimate Sticker Collection (1 copy)
$25, ISBN: 978-0-756-68254-5
96 pages, 1000+ stickers

They also still have about three copies of the Millennium Falcon 3D Owners Guide, a couple of older sticker books, and some of the Scanmation books (one on the shelf and a small pile on the counter) - I can't say I'm at all impressed with that because the images are too difficult to see.

:)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

PaperPlus in Glenfield (Auckland) has a couple of Star Wars paperback novels priced at $7 each on their bargain tables near the counter (including ones like Abyss from the new series), but you may need to dig through the piles.