25 years since Heir to the Empire

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

25 years since Heir to the Empire

Post by MattG »

It's been 25 years since the EU got serious with the release of Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire. I got my issue by mail order, read it eagerly... then had to wait a full year before the 2nd volume in the saga. Who else read this when it first came out?

And now Dave Filoni has tweeted an image of an unjacketed hardcover copy of HttE, lending a lot of weight to the speculation that the next season of Rebels will include a character introduced by Zahn in that novel: http://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/7 ... 92/photo/1
IMG_9412ms.jpg
IMG_9412ms.jpg (455.77 KiB) Viewed 11560 times
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: 25 years since Heir to the Empire

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I remember that period of the Wars... some dark times.

While I never dug the EU (yeah, even the Thrawn stuff didn't do it for me), as it never felt like Star Wars, I am curious as to which character makes an appearance in Rebels.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: 25 years since Heir to the Empire

Post by oota goota »

yeah I remember coming across a copy in a book shop and being pleasantly surprised to see it. I enjoyed the series especially some of the ship battles. It did make me dig into the EU a bit more as other books came but there hasn't been many books that really got the star warsy feel in my version of Star Wars :)