Star Wars: 1313 - new "darker" game franchise

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars: 1313 - new "darker" game franchise

Post by oota goota »

thanks for the heads up Anaria I'll check it out
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

theforce.net has a bit more info from E3 - check the link for video from IGN

MTV also has some screenshots
TF.N wrote:Kotaku caught up with Star Wars: 1313 creative director Dominic Robillard and discussed the lack of Jedi in the upcoming game...

'"It's not that I think that that's overdone," says Robillard. "But the criminal underworld of 1313 is a little more grounded and that has to live in the mechanics of the game. Having mechanics that are limited by human ability makes things more relatable, then we can put all the cool stuff you can do into the gadgets and weapons."

"You still get to do all of these amazing things because of the environment the game takes place in and because of the gear you have," he continues. "But at the core you still have these vulnerabilities that are a bit more relatable, so you won't have the demigod complex of a Jedi." If you fall in 1313, Robillard sums up, you know you're going to be in trouble."

CVG has confirmed that Star Wars: 1313 will be running on the Unreal Engine 3 as opposed to UE4. CVG also describes the game as having "The best graphics the world has ever seen."
From the Lucasarts twitter-
Well now, that's quite a few awards for our ‪#sw1313‬ demo! http://ow.ly/i/Ghlh
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

wow Anaria your web-fu if also strong!
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Hi guys,

I was privileged enough to get into the E3 presentation of Star Wars 1313 and I have to say I was blown away at how awesome it looks so I thought I'd share my experience with you guys.

Lucasarts wasn't showing this to the general pass holders and was by appointment only in a private viewing room. The room was made out like the cockpit of one of the shuttles seen in the footage-we were only allowed photos of the room and not the footage so I'll get the pic shortly. I can't state how hard it actually was to get into the viewing.

Key staff were on hand to introduce the game describing it as the first mature themed Star Wars experience, emphasising a key focus of never doing stuff in cutscenes that the player should be playing instead and no quick time events.

A short clip was shown with interviews with key staff across all of the Lucas companies and the cooperation across the different departments and challenges therein. An indepth look at the making of one of the scenes was shown next using the performance capture rigs they were using which combined mocap, facial movement & voice recordings.

This lead into to the live gameplay demo which was simply awesome to behold even in this pre production stage.

One of the key points was that the character shown as the player IS NOT the final player and is actually a stand in for this demo as they have decided to not reveal the player character just yet. Having said that the onscreen performances were eerily lifelike picking up all the nuances of the actors original performance who were also the models for characters. Cutscenes flowed so smoothly into the live play that it took a few seconds to realise you weren't watching a movie. The quality of the cgi was near on cinematic Revenge of the Sith quality and just worked perfectly. The entirety of the game will take place on Level 1313 of Coruscant and the demo showed the players descent down a "Cloud City" style air/ transport shaft before being attacked by an unknown assailant. The presenter also mentioned that The Force won't be in the game and a big emphasis on how dangerous the game world will be.

The movement and fluidity mixed with the rapid paced action was very Uncharted in its approach and having the visual quality of the Prequel movies just took it to the next level. I must also say the quality of the sound really set it apart from other Star Wars games as the combination of the sound fx & the score really sold its Star Warsness.

Overall I was very impressed and it was an easy standout at E3 and it hasn't even begun full development yet.

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

thanks for the report Hads!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Thanks Hadleigh!
thehiflyer wrote:...One of the key points was that the character shown as the player IS NOT the final player and is actually a stand in for this demo as they have decided to not reveal the player character just yet. ...
Ooooh, super secret eh?! Interesting!
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

stuff has finally managed to catch up with the news

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games ... -Wars-1313
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

MattG wrote:Thanks Hadleigh!
thehiflyer wrote:...One of the key points was that the character shown as the player IS NOT the final player and is actually a stand in for this demo as they have decided to not reveal the player character just yet. ...
LucasFilm has just announced that the lead character will in fact be Jar Jar Binks, living on Level 1313 after being expelled from the Senate for 'accidentally' flooding the Senate Chamber - "Meesa just wanna swim." ;)
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Buzz Bumble wrote:
MattG wrote:Thanks Hadleigh!
LucasFilm has just annpounced that the lead character will in fact be Jar Jar Binks, living on Level 1313 after being expelled from the Senate for 'accidentally' flooding the Senate Chamber - "Meesa just wanna swim." ;)
:rotfl:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

GamePlanet.co.nz has a "first impressions" preview of the game with some images you can click on to enlarge.