Star Wars: 1313 - new "darker" game franchise

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Star Wars: 1313 - new "darker" game franchise

Post by Buzz Bumble »

From Gameplanet.co.nz (among a million other gaming websites) ...
New, darker Star Wars franchise announced

LucasArts has announced it is working on a new franchise set in the Star Wars universe, called Star Wars: 1313.

The third-person action-adventure game is named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground which dwells deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant.

Players will take control of a lethal bounty hunter and navigate through a never-before-seen dark and mature world, said the studio.

Exotic weaponry and conspiracies have both been promised, however rather than using the Force, the protagonist will use skills and gadgets to make his way through the world.

Star Wars: 1313 marks the first time LucasArts have attempted integrated development of a game, using resources from Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound.

More information is expected at E3.
Apparently a trailer is due to be released on Tuesday.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: 1313 - new "darker" game franchise

Post by mdb »

I'm hoping there is charater customisation as this appeals so very much. I'm loving playing a BH in SWTOR as lack of force does make it an interesting experience.

But I do like to identify with the character I'm playing, it's why I love Mass Effect (though I am so very bad at it).

There was speculation that this would be ased on Boba given an alias he used in the EU. Getting to play on Coruscant sounds amazing :)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/ ... -announced
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

There's also some fan-discussion that it might be the lead-in to the live-action TV series, or possibly be instead of the live-action TV series (using the story / script ideas).

This is the report from ComingSoon.net ...
LucasArts Announces Star Wars 1313
LucasArts is diving into the most dangerous depths of the "Star Wars" criminal underworld with their newly announced internally developed videogame franchise, Star Wars 1313. Players will take control of a lethal bounty hunter in the never-before-explored expanses of Level 1313, deep below the surface of Coruscant. Using an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down marks, the player must also uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy in this third-person cinematic action adventure game. It's a bold new take on the "Star Wars" galaxy, intended for mature audiences.

Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a mortal, well-equipped hero who cannot rely on supernatural powers to survive his dangerous environment. The game benefits from an integrated development approach that brings together artists from across the entire Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound.

The game will make its formal debut at E3 in Los Angeles, June 5-7th. More details about Star Wars 1313 will surface in the coming months at StarWars.com and at StarWars1313.com.
Paul Snell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paul Snell »

:victory: If Industrial Light & Magic are involved, then it's off to a great start.
Hopefully gametrailers or gaintbomb will post some video feed - that's if they have any at the E3 announcement.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Apparently there's a "sneak peek" video at GameTrailers.com.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Apparently there's a "sneak peek" video at GameTrailers.com.
There's some concept art and behind-the-scenes footage/interviews in that clip (it's the first segment in the episode), but no trailer/gameplay for a couple of days yet, it would seem.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

If it's set anywhere near the OT I will be keen as!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

oota goota wrote:If it's set anywhere near the OT I will be keen as!
Artwork has TIEs and Lambda-class shuttles, so it's looking good for an OT-era setting.
Attachments
1313.jpg
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

I'll keep you all posted with anything that comes out of E3 :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

thehiflyer wrote:I'll keep you all posted with anything that comes out of E3 :)
Please do! :)