Star Wars RPG and Miniatures

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Star Wars RPG and Miniatures

Post by Archon Revuge »

So are there many Star Wars RPG and/or Miniatures players here?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars RPG and Miniatures

Post by Reverend Strone »

I used to play the RPG but have run out of time for it in recent years (though certainly not love). We had a long running campaign that I GMed for a group of friends until about two years ago. I have a pretty decent minis collection, and do still pick up the occasional new one but only ever got them for use as tokens in my RPG games, rather than to play the minis game itself. Do you play/collect them?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Yeah, I GMed an RPG campaign for a group of friends for about two years; but that finished almost five years ago now.

I've really been enjoying the Miniatures game over the past few years though and have amassed a pretty decent collection. I really can't wait to use them for an RPG campaign sometime in the future.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, they've done a great job with the variety of minis produced. My campaign was a fringe focussed story, with the characters all being low life types eeking out a living amid a crime war between two rival Hutts, so I have been very pleased with all the alien fringer type characters that have been included in the line. I have a hunger to get back to it all again as we never finished the story, but sadly I can't see it happening anytime soon. I just don't have the time to put into it anymore.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's definitely one of those things you want to put time and thought into.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I never played the games, but I have a few of the miniatures (adding to my Leia/Padme collection mostly) - If I didn't spend so much on the action figures, I would definitely collect more of the minis :)

Just saw this posted on the offical site - Wizards of the Coast are not renewing their SW licence :( SW.com article
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

While browsing for Padme' collectibles on ebay, I bought a poster for the miniatures - took me a minute to figure out the pose looks very close to a photo of my costume (taken before the mini set came out) -

Image Image Image
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Great image Kristy!

Sad about the games going away. While I had slacked off a bit lately, I used to buy the minis and books avidly, and even got a bit of work through Wizards on the games too. I'll miss them.
Monkey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkey »

I picked up some of the early Wizards of the coast roleplay books when they first came out but did not carry on.

As for the minis I only got one or two boxes of those, but to be honest collectible pre paints were never my cup of tea.

Hopefully whoever picks up the license now will do something fantastic and new....
acerimmerrocks
Ensign
Ensign

Post by acerimmerrocks »

I picked up a box when ever I went on a trip alway and saw them. Never had them in Invercargill so didnt play with anyone, I liked the spaceship battles ones the best. Hopefully with wizards out of the picture they can make a decent card game again like the Decipher ccg my first SW collecting passion