Fantasy Flight Games: Armada

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Fantasy Flight Games: Armada

Post by Reverend Strone »

Yikes. That's steep.

I just got confirmation that the expansion packs I ordered for Aramada are on their way. I preordered the Nebulon B and Corellian Corvette as singles. They look like beautiful minis and on their own they weren't too expensive.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Yikes. That's steep.

I just got confirmation that the expansion packs I ordered for Aramada are on their way. I preordered the Nebulon B and Corellian Corvette as singles. They look like beautiful minis and on their own they weren't too expensive.
Nice one Strone - look forward to seeing them! I've done a little more shopping around, and found the starter set for $126 at Book Depository. Still well outside of my budget unfortunately.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yep, mine too. :(

I get my stuff from Miniature Market. They have it for US$68.97, or around $NZ93, but once you add shipping on top of that it quickly climbs into a similar range, and that's only US domestic postage, assuming you have an address in the US you could send it to. Getting it back to NZ would be prohibitively expensive unless you can arrange to have someone you know who is traveling mule it for you like I did recently with my Disney droids (thanks again, Harvey). Sadly, the low NZ$ and our remoteness counts against kiwi collectors with stuff like this.

Currently my expansion packs are headed to a US buddy's place, but I have yet to figure out how I'll get them here. I am hoping one of my traveling work colleagues can bring them home with them at some point in the coming months. I'm too cheap to fork out the exorbitant amounts overseas shipping can be nowadays.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:I am hoping one of my traveling work colleagues can bring them home with them at some point in the coming months. I'm too cheap to fork out the exorbitant amounts overseas shipping can be nowadays.
I'll be heading back to Houston for a short trip some time in August / September (still have to nail down the date with my supervisor). More than happy to play mule if you haven't got them back by then!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

That is most kind of you, Dan. I'll bear that in mind. Thank you. :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Armada Wave III has just been announced.

Rebel Transports and Imperial Gozanti Carriers included.

At around a n inch long the minis are a little bit smaller and more simplistic than I had hoped they would be, so I must admit that I am disappointed and may pass on these. I'll need to see pictures of the actual minis rather than digital mock-ups to make up my mind.

I had high hopes for FFG's Gozanti miniature, but now I'm thinking a Micro Machines or Titanium version might be the best chance for good little miniature of this ship. Hot Wheels might yet surprise us, too, though I find their tooling a bit chunky.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Even though these are quite small, you might need to extend that extension, D.

I kid, I kid...
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Now we're talking! A new pair of expansions has been previewed this morning for Armada.

Behold the Imperial Interdictor Cruiser, based on its slightly refreshed appearance in Rebels, and the ROTJ Mon Calamari Cruiser Liberty!

I'm loving these two.
MedicWilson
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MedicWilson »

Hi folks,

I've been looking at getting into Armada for a bit. Is it worth the cost? Is it challenging learning how to play it?

Thanks
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

MedicWilson wrote:Hi folks,

I've been looking at getting into Armada for a bit. Is it worth the cost? Is it challenging learning how to play it?

Thanks
Hey Cam - there is a NZ Armada FB group that might be of use to you - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArmadaNewZealand/

It is related to the NZ X-Wing FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/XWingNewZealand/