The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
mdb
Captain
Captain

The Old Republic :D

Post by mdb »

http://www.swtor.com/

I've been trying really really hard to not become interested in a game I know I cannot afford nor will be able to actually run on my current machine (and then there is broadband cops ;) ) But I have to say this one has me really interested.

The latest trailer is up, not sure if it on the official site yet. Nope, currently scheduled maintenance, thus uploading soon ;)
I do love the look of the trooper class. And I am sure the Jedi will appeal to some too ;)

The Deceived trailer is a thing of wonderous beauty:

I am not much of a gamer. At all. Though I did love Lemmings all those years ago.

But I am extremely tempted by this. Oh so very tempted.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by Anaria »

I've resisted all the other mmo games, but I really want this one. Kotor is one of my all-time favourites, and I love that they've gone back to that era and style of design for this one. Just love the way it looks :)

Thanks for the link to the new trailer - love the jedi :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Looks like some new footage has just come out today for this game.

Bounty Armor Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... ars/101619

Player Ships Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... ars/101638

Field Action Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... ars/101633
Barman469
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Barman469 »

Im looking to join a guild for this game, anyone here know of one?
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

The latest issue of JB Hi-Fi's freebie magazine Stack has a list of their most anticipated games this year, including Star Wars: The Old Republic. I won't bother posting the blurbs for the other games (release dates subject to change) ...
  • KillZone 3 (February)
  • Bulletstorm (February)
  • Portal 2 (April)
  • Mortal Kombat (April)
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic (June)
    There has been much excitment surrounding SWTOR and with Bioware behind the steering wheel, it's well justified. The story sits 300 years after the first two Knights of the Old Republic titles with players able to join the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic. With a budget of over $180 million so far, Star Wars: The Old Republic has epic written all over it.
  • Brink (2nd quarter)
  • L.A. Noire (2nd quarter)
  • Rage (September)
  • Duke Nukem Forever (TBA)
  • Max Payne 3 (TBA)

I am not much of a gamer. At all. Though I did love Lemmings all those years ago.
I'm not much of a "gamer" either (partly because I'm pretty hopeless at them and partly because the 3D ones make me feel extremely sick very quickly :(), but I'have played and very nearly completed the three different main Lemmings games - I've still got the Mac versions, plus a couple of Xmas Lemmings mini games from old magazine Christmas cover disks. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

From TechDay.co.nz: Game Console ...

Star Wars: The Old Republic "Guild Headquarters" launched
By Chris Leggett, Friday, 11th March, 2011

Electronic Arts has launched "Guild Headquarters" for its upcoming MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic: an online portal that allows future players to create or join guilds prior to the game's launch.

According to the site, "with our three-phased Pre-Launch Guild Program, you have the opportunity to find a group now that suits your play style, or if you prefer to start your own guild, you can reserve your preferred guild name and begin recruiting members to join your cause."

"When the game launches, you will have the opportunity to transfer your guild directly into the game. All guilds that meet certain criteria will be imported into the game."

There's currently no official release date for The Old Republic, although it's loosely scheduled for Q2 this year.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

Ive been following the game since the hints were dropped about its upcoming production..haha its looking soo nice thought id share some really great ingame footage from pax east.

great video this one ;)
Maker of stuffs and things.
RogueLeader
Cadet
Cadet

Post by RogueLeader »

As someone who originally loved Star Wars Galaxies and later came to hate the way that the property was misused, I am looking forward to seeing what is done with this game. The fact that Sony is nowhere near the development is a huge plus for me.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

A new cinematic trailer:

[youtube]GL2-3oBB7KQ[/youtube]
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Saw this this morning too :) :D I wanted to see Shae again but this was a good chance to see other classes and races :)

Satele, knew it :)