Disney Closes Down LucasArts

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Disney Closes Down LucasArts

Post by thehiflyer »

Buzz Bumble wrote:
thehiflyer wrote:1313 was going to feature Boba Fett:

"They ended up with movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie," an anonymous source stated. "1313 was always in danger of not being made."[/i]
The rumour of course was that the Star Wars 1313 game was going to be a link / lead-in to the live-action TV series ... which Disney have also cancelled ("on indefinite hold"). :(
My understanding was that the TV series was too costly & put on hold before 1313 went into pre production which lead me to believe that they were turning the TV series into 1313... either way it sucks :(
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

thehiflyer wrote:My understanding was that the TV series was too costly & put on hold before 1313 went into pre production which lead me to believe that they were turning the TV series into 1313... either way it sucks :(
Originally the live-action TV series was put on hold by LucasFilm because they thought it was too expensive to make, but that was a while back. More recently it was regaining momentum and the game was meant to be a sort-of tie-in product which if successful could mean the show perhaps coming along later. Now the whole thing is dead in the water ... which actually may or may not be a bad thing, depending on how "adultified" it really was, but it is yet another dropped product by Disney to add to the growing list.

Disney simply weren't ever interested in the "sidelines" like the Indiana Jones franchise or the other companies. All they wanted was the Star Wars name for movies and theme parks. If he wanted to "retire", then George Lucas should have given over day-to-day control to McCallum, but retained ownership for himself and eventually his kids. :(
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Harvey Mushman
High Colonel