STAR WARS COMING TO BLU-RAY

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

STAR WARS COMING TO BLU-RAY

Post by fredstar »

Info is pretty sketchy but sounds pretty positive that this is finally going to happen :D

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/04/it ... n-blu-ray/

also some more info here

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/108/1084415p1.html
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: STAR WARS COMING TO BLU-RAY

Post by Archon Revuge »

There have been rumours of this for a while now, but it's fantastic to hear it from an official source.

I was really disappointed when an 'ultimate' boxset wasn't released along with the DVD release of Revenge of the Sith, but it's good to know they've been putting some time and effort into getting it right. Continuity disputes aside (Greedo shooting first, Hayden Christensen's ghost), the DVD release of the original trilogy was a horribly rushed affair (in time for RotS no doubt) and it would be fantastic to finally see a clean and true transfer of the films into a digital format.

I really hope they accompany this with a DVD release, but in all honesty, if they don't, this could be the very thing which causes me to finally make a move to Blu-Ray.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:...
I really hope they accompany this with a DVD release, but in all honesty, if they don't, this could be the very thing which causes me to finally make a move to Blu-Ray.
Ditto. And a bigger TV.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

it's fantastic to hear it from an official source.
I haven't yet read those links, but neither is really an "official source" ... wait until it appears on StarWars.com (which it may already have) or their enewsletter. :)

I don't know if I'll bother with the Blu-ray version (I don't have a Blu-ray player anyway). I've already got the VHS and a couple of DVD versions, plus with 3D being this year's "big thing", we'll no doubt have to buy 3D Blu-ray recorders in a couple of years and then the 3D-erised versions of the Star Wars movies.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:...
I haven't yet read those links, but neither is really an "official source" ... wait until it appears on StarWars.com (which it may already have) or their enewsletter...
The info originates from Steve Sansweet, as an official announcement at the Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

MattG wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:...
Ditto. And a bigger TV.
Yep, same here. I'm still a DVD dinosaur watching movies on a CRT television. Plasma what? LCD what? :lol:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Plasma and LCD are both "ancient" technology. What you want is LED (which is really LCD with a different lighting method).

In fact what you really want is 3D ... and RadioLIVE just happen to be running a competition to win a 3D Plasma TV and a 3D Blu-ray player. You can enter the competition on their website. :)
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Wow, I so can't wait to see all the cute gags that George is currently thinking up to insert into STAR WARS... in a higher resolution.

I can't wait.

Truly.

:ohwell:
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Yes, it may be a while til we see these come to our shores.

However...

There are some HD versions floating around out there...

http://tehparadox.com/forum/f89/star-wa ... ns-888524/

They're in M2TS format and around 40GIG in size

I believe they're European based full 1080P broadcasts and the quality is pretty amazing! :D
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

I'll stick to STAR WARS in 35mm, Uncle G can keep his revisions.