The Phantom Menace in 3D

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

The Phantom Menace in 3D

Post by Archon Revuge »

The trailer for the 3D version of The Phantom Menace has just been released. You can view it here :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Phantom Menace in 3D

Post by Buzz Bumble »

A 2D trailer for a 3D movie is a little pointless ... not that it'll stop me watching it or downloading it of course. :) (Eventually, thanks to havng a dial-up connection.)
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Buzz Bumble wrote:A 2D trailer for a 3D movie is a little pointless ... not that it'll stop me watching it or downloading it of course. :) (Eventually, thanks to havng a dial-up connection.)
True, but I assume the trailer is actually in 3D if you are about to watch a 3D movie at the time it screens. Will be cool to see it in a theatre.
...... If anyone sees it show up in a cinema in NZ let us know. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I haven't seen a 3D movie (except one IMAX demo years ago), but my guess would be that there are two versions - a 3D version to play before 3D movies and a 2D to play elsewhere, including TV, simply as advertising.

I'll have to find out which 3D cinemas work for people who wear prescription glasses (I think someone mentioned something in an old topic, I'll have to search for it).
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bazzack wrote:True, but I assume the trailer is actually in 3D if you are about to watch a 3D movie at the time it screens. Will be cool to see it in a theatre....... If anyone sees it show up in a cinema in NZ let us know. :)
TheForce.net says the trailer is attached to the Three Musketeers which is now playing at a number of NZ cinemas :)
Buzz Bumble wrote:I'll have to find out which 3D cinemas work for people who wear prescription glasses (I think someone mentioned something in an old topic, I'll have to search for it).
As far as I know most cinemas use the RealD system (though I'm no expert on this, so maybe someone else on the boards can help out here). I saw the final Harry Potter film in RealD at Readings in Wellington, and it worked fine. The RealD glasses fit over my prescription glasses well and the 3D effects still worked beautifully.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Archon Revuge wrote:
Bazzack wrote:True, but I assume the trailer is actually in 3D if you are about to watch a 3D movie at the time it screens. Will be cool to see it in a theatre....... If anyone sees it show up in a cinema in NZ let us know. :)
TheForce.net says the trailer is attached to the Three Musketeers which is now playing at a number of NZ cinemas :)
Yeah, true. So if anyone braves the 3 Musketeers in 3D here in NZ hopefully we'll be able to get confirmation on the content of the previews. I'm not sure if the same previews run in NZ as they do in the States. Especially since alot of movies show in cinemas earlier over there.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Bazzack wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:
Yeah, true. So if anyone braves the 3 Musketeers in 3D here in NZ hopefully we'll be able to get confirmation on the content of the previews. I'm not sure if the same previews run in NZ as they do in the States. Especially since alot of movies show in cinemas earlier over there.
Yeah it depends on the movie, there are alot of cases of trailers being "hardlocked" to the film- meaning its actually part of the first reel of the film and not just a trailer added after the fact. I used to be a projectionist and Ive still got some contacts so Ill see if any of them have heard anything.

There are a few different types of 3d projection out there, the newer ones that are coming through are far easier on the eye and the brain so you probably want notice it unless you get headaches whilst watching 3d.
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

thehiflyer wrote:There are a few different types of 3d projection out there, the newer ones that are coming through are far easier on the eye and the brain so you probably want notice it unless you get headaches whilst watching 3d.
Unfortunately I do get extremely sick and headachey very quickly when playing "3D" computer games ... but of course they are different to watching a 3D cinema. I'm hoping the 3D movies won't cause those problems (I can't remember what happened in the IMAX demo, but then only some of it was in 3D and I did keep taking off the goggles).
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I've read a few reports from overseas of folks who braved the 3 Musketeers and hoped to see the trailer but were disappointed, so don't rush out just yet if all you want to see is a snippet of Ep 1 in 3D.

Any word yet about what date Ep 1 will debut down here?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Any word yet about what date Ep 1 will debut down here?
I'm hoping the fact that a lot of blockbusters are released here on the same day as the US means we'll be seeing it on the 10th February. I haven't seen any confirmation of this though.