Thoughts on a Solo sequel

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Thoughts on a Solo sequel

Post by AaroKin »

I was just reading an article online regarding Solos home viewing (Netflix) release and how it should spark debate on the film getting a sequel.

I'm so hoping this happens because Solo is easily my most favourite film released under the Disney banner and think it deserves a part two so it can continue on Han and Chewies story.

I know it's not a popular opinion but the movies that have been announced for Rian Johnson and the Game of Throne lads have zero appeal to me and not wanting to be negative (though I know I am) they'll be the first Star Wars films I don't see in the cinema.

I had doubts about the casting choices and aspects of Solo that were being released before the film hit the screens and I'm happy to say that every bad thing I pictured couldn't be more wrong.....it was a film I enjoyed from the second it started until the second it finished (unlike some earlier films that I couldn't wait for the credits to start rolling) and I'm hoping enough Disney decision makers feel the same way.

So am I completely off base with the Solo sequel or does anyone else feel a bit 'blah' over the movies being announced
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts on a Solo sequel

Post by MattG »

I'd definitely be okay with more adventures with Han and Chewie (and Lando), using the same cast as Solo: A Star Wars Story. I reckon there would be lots of room to move without treading on other canon material.

As for the other upcoming series/trilogies... in the absence of any solid information, I just think it's too early to make a judgement call. I think Rogue One and Solo both demonstrated that it's possible to make an entertaining flick without being tied to the Skywalker arc (and hopefully The Mandalorian will achieve that too).
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I know I have to be more positive but it honestly didn't seem like RJ was actually a Star Wars fan when he wrote VIII.....but then again they'll be working with a clean slate and not having to link with established stories so they might do a fantastic job.

I was 100% wrong with my thoughts leading into Solo so I hope I'm wrong yet again lol.

At least I'm not as negative as this guy.........

https://youtu.be/bf2tBFfMLMk

......things like this just do my head in!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Yet another reason to totally love 'Solo'.......I didn't really believe it when I read it online but sure enough there he is, Boba Fett himself.

Im glad Ron Howard didn't try to squeeze him into the plot because there was already enough going on but it opens up so many possibilities for 'SOLO 2'.
Attachments
Add description
Add description