The Force Awakens discussion - POST RELEASE

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The Force Awakens discussion - POST RELEASE

Post by ZY-Fighter »

1) You're welcome ;)

2) I know!!!! Only 500 or so days until we find out...

JJ has explained the shot of Maz handing Leia the saber was filmed and cut: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/ ... m.html?m=1
Zac in Whanganui
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here's a cool pic of the Snowspeeder deleted scenes, from here: http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the- ... ted-scenes

kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

Why the #$@& would they cut that??

Looks awesome!
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

cool that they made a physical prop yay!
darthjohnnyb
Cadet
Cadet

Post by darthjohnnyb »

Just finished reading the book. Not a lot extra in it that wasn't in the movie...although it would've been great if the scene in Maz's bar involving a certain wookie and an arm hadn't hit the cutting room floor.

The way the starkiller weapon worked made more sense in the book as well, and I fear was dumbed down for cinematic effect. The republic fleet was destroyed in the explosions in the Hoznian system which if shown would've provided more explanation for the small strike force used to attack starkiller base. I really enjoyed the movie, but how the setup plays out in the following movies will determine (for me anyway) if it was good or great.

There is also the book "Before The Force Awakens" that gives some background to Finn, Rey, and Poe. I didn't find much of huge significance in it..although I found the story about FN2187 helped give more insight into his combat abilities.
Darth Cadmus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darth Cadmus »

This is more a general question for everyone - Does EVERYONE think that Rey is Luke's Daughter?

I am convinced that she isn't a Skywalker...but everyone seems to think she is. She thought Luke was a myth, and had no idea about the jedi..additionally, that scene wherein she thinks Luke was a myth was originally the line of "Who is Luke Skywalker?".

When we see her parents leaving in the ship, she's at the very least 5 or older...in TFA she's only 18/19, she would remember who her father is, unless Luke flew to Jakku under a pseudonym, had a kid, and left. When Maz say's that Rey knows that her parents are never coming back, but there's someone that still could - I dont think she's referring to the same person. She's saying, Luke is gone - but he could come back. Your parents will not - as opposed to Luke being her father.

I think the true drama lies within Ren, who sees himself as a prodigy and deserving of power due to his lineage, being bested by someone who has a greater link to the force - but not only that, someone with a greater affinity who is not in any way related to the Skywalker family, as he is.

Does anyone completely disagree?
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

I kind of hope Rey isn't Luke's daughter; it makes the universe feel smaller. Admittedly it is a space opera so there's a logic to her been related. And thinking about it none of us were that phased when we found out luke and leia were twins we kind of went "umm ok cool!"
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

i know there is lots of people saying she is, but I don't think she is
would be to obvious, there will be a twist in there some where no doubt those

agreed she should remember what her parents look like and she would of recognised Luke as her father if that was so

only way she could be Luke's daughter is if he doesn't know he has a daughter as someone never told him
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

Darth Cadmus wrote:This is more a general question for everyone - Does EVERYONE think that Rey is Luke's Daughter?
I hope not, I'd rather she was related to someone from the dark side. Perhaps a great niece of Palpatine or Dooku. Not a direct descendant, but has inherited the force from the dark side.
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by r2d2 »

Seen this movie for the third time today and it keeps getting better, trying not to analyse every little part, just enjoy it for what it is, another Star Wars movie :D