Luke Skywalker sculpture (in progress)

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
BGR
Ensign
Ensign

Luke Skywalker sculpture (in progress)

Post by BGR »

Hey guys working on a clay bust of Luke skywalker from A New Hope. Here it is so far, cheers for looking!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (809.14 KiB) Viewed 7441 times
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Luke Skywalker sculpture (in progress)

Post by Bazzack »

Wow. That is awesome work!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

yeah what bazzack said that's awesome nice one BGR I'll be watching this thread. What version of luke are you going to make?
BGR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BGR »

oota goota wrote:yeah what bazzack said that's awesome nice one BGR I'll be watching this thread. What version of luke are you going to make?
Planning on doing his New Hope self wearing his initial Tatooine threads though I'm worried I've made him too old looking! Haha
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

That is some really nice work there, will you be molding him and casting once done?
With that level of detail you could work for Weta or Sideshow.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

BGR wrote:
oota goota wrote:yeah what bazzack said that's awesome nice one BGR I'll be watching this thread. What version of luke are you going to make?
Planning on doing his New Hope self wearing his initial Tatooine threads though I'm worried I've made him too old looking! Haha
ha ha yeah looks very rotj: longer hair perhaps? Looking forward to more pics!
BGR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BGR »

badges2nz wrote:That is some really nice work there, will you be molding him and casting once done?
With that level of detail you could work for Weta or Sideshow.
Wow thanks man! I'm not sure I'm at that level yet but it's always been a dream of mine to work at Weta (I'm still a bit of a youngin).

Here's a few progress shots though. Very excited to get this done and all painted up on a professional level! Never molded or casted one of my sculptures before so rather clueless on how I'd do it and worried I'd end up ruining my sculpt haha.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (775.63 KiB) Viewed 7397 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (843.42 KiB) Viewed 7397 times
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Wow thanks man! I'm not sure I'm at that level yet but it's always been a dream of mine to work at Weta (I'm still a bit of a youngin).

Here's a few progress shots though. Very excited to get this done and all painted up on a professional level! Never molded or casted one of my sculptures before so rather clueless on how I'd do it and worried I'd end up ruining my sculpt haha.
It doesn't matter how young or old you are, if you have the talent you could be used or use it to your advantage.
As far as molding is concerned there are a lot of people on this forum and others like it that could help you out with advice and how best to go about casting from your sculpt.
Using a silicone based molding rubber is quite easy once you have the technique mastered, perhaps practice on a couple of simpler parts to give it a go.
There is a company in Wellington that I get my molding rubber from and he is very reasonably priced for his kits, Trig instruments is the company.
He has a web site online and also is on trade me.
Nice progress so far on your sculpt. :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

That is looking good!