Shadows of the Empire

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE

Post by oota goota »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
oota goota wrote:EU is hit and miss for me; early Zahn books, dark empire comic, SW battlefront :)
I couldn't even do the Zahn stuff; for me, it just didn't feel like Star Wars, which I feel justified in saying (since the EU has been relegated to a deep, dark part of the galaxy).
I know what you mean I guess at the time there was not a great deal of SW stuff about (apart from the most awesome WEG game...wait does that count as EU too?) so when I saw the books I was like whoo hoo! Have I gone back and read them again? Nope! It's a bit like deciding whether to watch Blakes 7 again I think....best to leave some stuff in past :)
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Yeesh… another blast from the past!

Unlike many, I wasn’t a hardcore gamer, so I enjoyed this game (from memory, not many people did).

No joke, I played it over and over, just exploring the worlds and making my own side missions (especially in the Mos Espa stages).

With that, it pales in comparison to Shadows of the Empire on Nintendo 64, which I really wanna play!
Attachments
PlayStation.jpg
PlayStation.jpg (361.76 KiB) Viewed 7340 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Harvey Mushman wrote:With that, it pales in comparison to Shadows of the Empire on Nintendo 64, which I really wanna play!
That, Star Wars Episode I: Racer, and Goldeneye were basically my entire '98 and '99.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

You can add Goldeneye to my list, too!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

This is good background on a busy weekend!
Attachments
Shadows.PNG
Shadows.PNG (647.15 KiB) Viewed 7312 times
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

The commercial for Shadows was pretty cool:

[youtube]r4bAlPsKuPg[/youtube]
Last edited by Harvey Mushman on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Harvey Mushman wrote:The commercial for Shadows was pretty cool:
Awesome. Hadn't seen that one before!

My N64 is in storage at the moment - so I'm satisfying the nostalgia cravings with this:

[youtube]kpt9faBMOgs[/youtube]
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

MattG wrote:All this talk makes me want to do some comic reading. In fact, I think that is what I will do this weekend.

The SotE comics had some very cool cover art (first series anyway). Having just dug them out, I'd forgotten that the interior penciling was done by Kilian Plunkett - character designer for The Clone Wars and currently art director for Rebels (I also really liked his work back in the old Dark Horse comics Aliens series).

I missed this post, Matt!

Those are awesome!

From memory, the comics were Fett's arc, right?

(I remember the cover on the top-right, which came with a two-pack, if I'm not mistaken?)

I'm gonna have to find the trade paperback!
Archon Revuge wrote:My N64 is in storage at the moment - so I'm satisfying the nostalgia cravings with this:

[youtube]kpt9faBMOgs[/youtube]
I need to buy one!

No joke, if I do, it'll be the fourth time!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:...From memory, the comics were Fett's arc, right?...
The comics have been described as telling Fett's part of the story, but he is far from being the singular character focus.
Harvey Mushman wrote:...(I remember the cover on the top-right, which came with a two-pack, if I'm not mistaken?)...
Yes. That pack-in comic is made up of the latter pages of one standard issue comic and the early pages of a subsequent issue, so the material isn't unique and it therefore isn't required to complete the story.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

MattG wrote:Yes. That pack-in comic is made up of the latter pages of one standard issue comic and the early pages of a subsequent issue, so the material isn't unique and it therefore isn't required to complete the story.
I don't remember much of the comic, but I do remember how stoked I was to finally get a Fett!

(Even if he didn't have half circles on his hands!.)